Solved

Search Box for password manager

Userlevel 1
I had to uninstall and reinstall Webroot due to keycode conflicts and lost the search box in the password manager.  Before the uninstall/reinstall whenever I clicked the green webroot extension button in my Chrome browser there would be a search box at the top.  It is now gone and a logoff option is now there.  Any ideas on how to get it back, it was very usefull.
icon

Best answer by nic 22 July 2014, 18:50

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi 2young2retire

Can you check to see if the passwords that yo uhave saved in the PM before the issue are still there or whether you have lost them too?  

If you have then I suspect that the issue is due to the fact that the PM functionality is linked to the keycode and if you change keycode you lose access to whatever was stored in PM under the previous keycode.  If yo change keycodes then you really need to contasct Support and ask them to move the PM data to the new keycode.

If your PM data is still accessible then we will have to think again as to what could be causing your issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
I when I got the new keycode I got in touch with Webroot technical support and they made sure everything was moved over correctly.  Everything seems to be the same except the password manager search box is missing.  Everything functions great and all the passwords are still there.  FYI, before changing keycodes I had the search box on only one of the computers under Webroot, the other two did not have it. It would just be nice to have it back.
Userlevel 7
Hi 2young2retire

Great, it looks like you did everything by the book...but there is still an issue.  Well then, there are a couple of things that you can try; clean install of WSA and/or reinstall of Chrome.  Neither super desirable but if you want to try this then I would start with WSA as it is the easiest to do; uninstall, REBOOT, clean install (not importing any previous settings if offered by the installer, REBOOT, and then check to see if the problem still exists.

If it does then an uninstall/reinstall of Chrome is worth a try, as this has been know to fix some WSA extension related issues.

And if that does not work then I would Open a Support Ticket and let the Support Team investigate the issue.

Post back to let us know what yo decide and whether this works.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello 2young2retire, Well I couldn't of told you any better answer then Mr. @ , Hope you can get this issue cleared up and let us know how you did OK?

Thanks, Salute!!:D
Userlevel 7
I am not at home at present, but I will check when I get there.  Can anyone else confirm that such a search still exists in the PM?  Over the last 2 years I have seen a few versions of the UI as changes are made: is it possible that under the newest UI a search function is no longer available?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm not seeing it in mine, so you might be right David.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ I'll do a quick check on mine...be right back...
Userlevel 7
I am seeing a search box which has the text in in as follws:

"Search WSebroot Vault"

I presume that is what 2young2retire is saying that is missing, but I am seeing this.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ and @ , I]ve got a search bar in my PM. On the online WSA Contol and it s on the toop bar where @  has posted. I have mine...
Userlevel 7
Baldrick, 

At the risk of losing the search function, you might try toolbarfix.exe and see if that ends up re-installing the plug-in sans search.
Userlevel 7
Here is an example of what I get when I am signed into the PM under Chriome and have clicked on the Green W icon:

Search option is at the top of the popup.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Weird, mine looks completely different.  I'm on Chrome, so I'm wondering if it is browser specific?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I've got search boxes in Firefox and in Chrome at top right  Browsers..for Password Manager and On my Mac it looks like Nics.
Userlevel 7
What OS are you running NIc?  I am seeing what I see under Win7 64bit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same OS as you, Chrome.
Userlevel 7
The overall UI is very browser specific.  Mine looks different in IE than in Chrome, than in FireFox :-) 

My current Chrome plug in is a lot different than it looked like several months ago when an update came out.

I should be home within the hour and I will report back :-) 
Userlevel 7
David/Sherry, what version of the popup are you seeing; Nic's or mine?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

This is Chrome but can't get it to take full screenshot...this is Chrome
Userlevel 7
I h ave just tried it under FF and I get the same as Chrome...but something different to Chrome and to what Nic is saying he is seeing, when I try it under IE.

Very strange, indeed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Well should I try Safari??? Sorry joking again!!

Edit: btw; W/Vista/ x64/ Chrome/ WSAC 8.0.4...Password Manager Search box is like @ .

Userlevel 7
I had run the toolbarfix.exe utility around a month ago.  I know at some point I had the search he mentions in Chrome, but I do not now.  I have the same in Chrome for Windows as Nic does.  (Sherry, your Chrome toolbar may look different as you are on Mac)

I am pretty sure this is simply a matter of a previous version had the search but the current version does not.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I had tried the reinstall of Webroot, a reinstall of Chrome and even running the toolbarfix program but still am searchbarless. Maybe it is as someone suggested in that it is no longer there in the latest release.  I hope someone will run this rabbit and let us know if it is still available or not and how to get it back if it is still around.
Userlevel 7
Hi 2young2retire

Completely understand...will try to keep an eye on things re. this and if I spot a change I will try to let you know.

If you do want it back (which I think that you do...;)) think about raising a Support Ticket to check with Support as to your issue...that will keep it curretn...at least for a while.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Support ticket submitted.  I will post the reply when I get it.
Userlevel 7
Cheers, we await the result with interest.

Have a great end to the weekend.

Regards

Baldrick