Solved

Search Box for password manager

Userlevel 1
I had to uninstall and reinstall Webroot due to keycode conflicts and lost the search box in the password manager.  Before the uninstall/reinstall whenever I clicked the green webroot extension button in my Chrome browser there would be a search box at the top.  It is now gone and a logoff option is now there.  Any ideas on how to get it back, it was very usefull.
icon

Best answer by nic 22 July 2014, 18:50

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I showed this to someone here and it looks like they're seeing some inconsistencies too.  Once I hear more info I'll update you guys.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for doing that NIc...useful to know that we are not the only ones with the 'issue'.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Any updates on this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello  @ I personally havent heard anything about this issue yet and if @ has submitted an update! Hopefully maybe @ has furthur info. 

as nic stated here: 

I showed this to someone here and it looks like they're seeing some inconsistencies too.  Once I hear more info I'll update you guys.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________Have you submitted a Support Ticket if you are still having issues?

Have a nice day and let us know how everything is going ok?

Salute!;)

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi 2young2retire

I personally have heard nothing more on this issue so you could follow up withthe option as suggested by Sherry.  Alternatively, @ have you got any news or updte on this subject?

Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
OK, I am going to join in on this one now. I do not have a search box in IE nor Firefox nor Chrome. But, I do notice that the image Baldrick posted of his Chrome does AND it is exactly the same as LastPass. I have both LastPass and Chrome.

Back in February, when I had the Best Buy WSA, something weird occured. I signed into Password Manager, used it to sign into my email, used it to sign into Facebook. Sign out of Facebook, went to go to another site to sign in but somehow, I had been booted off PM. Clicked on the icon and had a different sign in window. I took a picture of it but I do not remember what ver it was. THis is what I had. Baldrick, is this what you have in Chrome?

I did file a support ticket, it went back and forth several times, I also spoke to Geek Squad who reffered me to Webroot tech support which I had already done. I did the WSA logs, nothing found, did the un/re, PM went back to original and then changed again to the pic above a day or 2 later.

Sent the image to tech support, they said there was an update. Fine. I now have WSA Complete  and since I installed it about a month ago, I have had the PM in the pic below which is now ver 2.5.5  It is the same as what I had in June of 2013 when I bought my laptop and installed WSA (Best Buy) for the 1st time.

Does anybody have search in IE or FF (besides Sherry who is using a Mac)? Everyone should have the same Password Manager if they are using the same version of WSA.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hi Beth

They should have the same version of the extensions if on the same version of WSA...but in reality that is not always the case and it is a known 'issue' that in some case the extensions do not get updated for all users when a new version of WSA is rolled out.

Therefore we could be on the same version of the same release of WSA and have slightly different popup boxes.  I believe that there is a good deal of work going in in the area of the extensiosn and certainly in relation to the Password Manager...but exactly what it is and when it will come to fuition/be released...that I do not know.

So I think that all we can do is sit tight and await the the output from the Development Team.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

This is what I have on my Mac!
Userlevel 6
Thanks Solly, but tell me, which sign in screen do you have?  
I never was able to find out why my PM sign in changed while I was signed in. It was weird.
Userlevel 7
Well, Beth, that depends on which browser you are asking about as I get a different one for IE11, to that for FF or for Chrome...which just goes to illustrate my point...whilst there is supposed to be a standard version there does appear, in reality, to be differences between what is installed per browser.

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
I do as well, I asked about Chrome in my 1st post where I posted my images. Sorry, I shou;ld have repeated that when I asked again. I am a senior, LOL!
@ wrote:
Well, Beth, that depends on which browser you are asking about as I get a different one for IE11, to that for FF or for Chrome...which just goes to illustrate my point...whilst there is supposed to be a standard version there does appear, in reality, to be differences between what is installed per browser.

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'll check and see if there is any updated information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So a fix for this is making its way through the QA testing process and will be released once it completes QA.
Userlevel 7
Many thanks for researching this, Nic.  Good to know.  I presume that it will be anounced in the appropriate version release notes as and when it is released...so one to look out for...;)
Userlevel 1
Anyone else have this feature?  That is waht I had but lost with updating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Anyone else have this feature?  That is waht I had but lost with updating.
Hello 2young2retire,

If I understand you correctly, are you saying you don't have Password Manager in your Browser toolbar?

Then please install
Password Management Toolbar Fix Tool For PC:
http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

Please let us know if this helps out  so that we know the advice given has worked for you or not so that we may help pthers in the same situation.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 1
Nope, thats not the problem.  See post number 12 for the search box I used to have but is no longer there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello 2young2retire,

Have you submitted a Support Ticket ?

I'm not sure how to get that search box back . Have you tried a uninstall/clean reinstall? Or has that been done already?

Kind Regards,