Solved

Secure Anywhere Complete not updating

• 6 October 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
My Secure Anywhere complete is now several versions back and I am concerned, your staggered rollout definitely does not work at all, at least for some people.

I am at version 9.0.17.28
In all honesty a security solution should update immediately, I for one want all bug fixes and improvements to my security software as soon as they are put into the primary branch, not at some nebulous future date, especially when your technology to rollout said updates obviously does not work properly.

Please help.

Dave
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 6 October 2017, 21:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey, Dave!!

really appreciate you letting us know about this. The reason for the staggered rollout releases is to prevent any serious issues from arising. In your case, it sounds like your Agent is simply having an issue connecting to the Server to Update.

I've gone ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf with our Team.
They'll be reaching out shortly to make sure we get you on the Latest Version.

Thanks!!! 

?

Userlevel 5
They contacted me and asked me to try a manual update, I had already tried that but tried again and here is what happens:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Use this link and install over top and do a reboot as it takes time to update: "Webroot now utilizes a gradual rollout method for releases. As such, not all users will receive this update at the same time."  http://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1098

Standard PC Download Link:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe
Userlevel 5
Thanks for the link and I understand gradual rollout, do not agree with it but understand its purpose.

What I am experiencing is not gradual rollout it is no rollout as I am at least 2 versions back.

It is disturbing that there is no alert or notice that there is any problem even in my dashboard warning me that the client on one of my installed PCs is out of date.

I will try the reinstall now.

Dave
Userlevel 5
Here is what I see now:

So all better, I just worry that I will need to stay on top of new versions instead of it being install and forget like a good security app should be.

I still think that the dashboard should show if your client is out of date, maybe show current version, and your version for each installed PC and have a link on the web dashboard to push out the update immediately if it is not updating.

I also think your security report that is generated to show you webroot activity should also flag and highlight if a client is the wrong version with a link in the report to take you to the dashboard and the update option suggested above. 

Any update process on security software needs to be bullet proof with multiple points to catch failure, including automated alerts so the user can contact you for a fix in the worst case. Your update process can have problems as flagged by others seeing similar issues to me and that more than many other things makes me a little nervous about the effectiveness of my protection. If you fixed a bug or improved function, I do not want to be missing that fix for extended periods no matter how good your cloud component is.

Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ there was a communication bug in .34 so I'm assuming that's why it didn't get pushed out to most users but .38 is the latest version and now you got it!

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 5
Thanks all, I do appreciate the efforts you all make to help :)

Dave
@ wrote:
there was a communication bug in .34 
Any recommendations for those of us that have over 400 clients stuck on 9.0.18.34? I would really like to avoid manually upgrading them all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
there was a communication bug in .34 
Any recommendations for those of us that have over 400 clients stuck on 9.0.18.34? I would really like to avoid manually upgrading them all.

Hello,

It would be best if you contact Business support via the enterprise ticket system: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA

or Call:
CALL US
1-866-254-8400