Secure Anywhere's too good

• 22 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
 Is there a way in Windows 10 to get a notification when Secure Anywhere gets updated?
This morning on the bus i noticed that my beta's been updated to version ****.19
It's scary that SA works so perfectly & smoothly. One might even forget that virusses & malware exists when using SA.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
No, not at the moment...it just does it's updates silently and efficiently.  The only way that some of us have found to get notified is because we run other apps that detect the attempted update and then notify us...but other than that I know of no way. If itis causing you an issue then I would check the Feature Request forum, so if anyone has requested such a feature and if so then add your support to it, otherwise start your won feature request for this.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
It's not causing an issue. It's just that i'm not used to a product run so smooth & perfect without anything or anyone noticing it.
Userlevel 7
Well, that is the way of WSA, and always has been...light, quiet, comprehensive...and MEAN (when it comes to malware). ;)
Badge +8
Hi Edwin,

If you go to Community Forums/News & Announcements/Announcements & Release Notes, usually TripleHelix will post the new version. I usually update mine rather than waiting for the auto update.

Does that help? Sometimes it will show up on the main page if you are logging in every day.

Theresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? i didn't have to look for an update as WSA did it for me before i knew an update excisted. Thanks to WSA i can be lazy again :D and still be sure my machine's protected properly. WSA is set & forget it's there as it does everything for you.

I deffinitely have to thank a certain community manager & his colleague Richard for pulling me into this community & make me into a WSA user
Badge +8
@ wrote:
 Is there a way in Windows 10 to get a notification when Secure Anywhere gets updated?
This morning on the bus i noticed that my beta's been updated to version ****.19
It's scary that SA works so perfectly & smoothly. One might even forget that virusses & malware exists when using SA.
I thought you were looking for a way to know if an update had been done before your machine receives. I must have read something wrong. Sorry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
you were true that i was looking for that 😃 but i guess by the time i read that topic the update's been done already. it's soo fast