Solved

Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780.

• 21 August 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3

Defender Antivirus & Weboot Security are turned off

Product: Core -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_WRCA_INSTALL, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI60D5.tmp, command: /Install "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Core\\"

icon

Best answer by BradW 24 August 2020, 22:28

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ossie 

Webroot is aware of the issue with it’s Core files and is working on it as we speak. Be sure that you are still secured even with this issue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ossie there seems to be a fix but I will ping a Webroot Staff Member.

Hello @BradW can you help this user or should we send him to Support?

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

Only one error keeps repeating in the Event Viewer now. but does not seem to affect the system!

Product: Core -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_WRCA_INSTALL, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7968.tmp, command: /Install "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Core\\" 

Two of the three errors to have seemed to disappear!.

Defender Antivirus & Weboot Security are turned off

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ossie 

Can you confirm the file version in this area please? Should be 1.1.0.226

Click on pictures to see full size!

Also open Task Manager to make sure you have 4 Webroot Processes running.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

Components Folder is Empty.  No Core Files

Task Manager  has only 2 Webroot  tasks running.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@ossie  Thanks for the info, we will wait to see what @BradW  or @ssellers  wants to do? Either help you on the forum or send you to support? You should have this in the Components Folder as well!

Thanks for your patience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@TripleHelix  @ossie 

Hi,

I’ve updated our Support staff and provided them information so they can assist with cases like this.

Please open a ticket with Support.  If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks!

Brad

Userlevel 3

I have sent a ticket have still but no response or acknowledge.

Thanks for your time .

Snip ~ Deleted screen shot due to members email on screen shot. Please do not post private information on open forums ~

ProTruckDriver.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ossie 

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks Brad!

Cheers,

Userlevel 3

Thank you organising the Webroot Technical Remote Support. All problem issues sorted.  Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you organising the Webroot Technical Remote Support. All problem issues sorted.  Cheers

Great to hear and thanks for letting us know the outcome! :wink:

Cheers,

I have exactly the same issue. Could you please tell me the solution is? I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing but I get the same problem:

Product: Core -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_WRCA_INSTALL, location: C:\windows\Installer\MSI4095.tmp, command: /Install "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Core\\"

The “Core” directory doesn’t actually exist. I’m on Windows 7 x64. The file I have in the ‘C:\Program Files\Webroot\Components’ directory is: ‘wrcore.64-1.0.0.109.msi’ with date 21.08.2020. If I run it, it doesn’t complete. It says an account already exists.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @motah33 

We can’t post the fix on the open Community forum as some users are having slightly different issues so it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will sort it out for you correctly. You can add the link to this thread if you like.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks,

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly. I’ll let support know.