Security when working without WIFI

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
New member question.  The recent update to the user agreement states that an active WIFI connection is necessary for Webroot to provide security.  As I frequently receive material via USB drives and other non-WIFI sources, does this mean that I have no active anti-virus protection from these sources when I do not have an active WIFI connection?  (I was accustom to have active anti-virus protection without WiFi connection when using either Bitdefender, Norton, or Kaspersky.)  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
New member question.  The recent update to the user agreement states that an active WIFI connection is necessary for Webroot to provide security.  As I frequently receive material via USB drives and other non-WIFI sources, does this mean that I have no active anti-virus protection from these sources when I do not have an active WIFI connection?  (I was accustom to have active anti-virus protection without WiFi connection when using either Bitdefender, Norton, or Kaspersky.)  
The EULA just says that (i) you need an internet connection in order to communicate with our databases (e.g., for receiving updates) and (ii) certain features may not work if you don’t have an internet connection.  It doesn’t say the product won’t work. Webroot does in fact still function without an internet connection, WiFi or otherwise.

The EULA is here: https://eula.webrootanywhere.com/ and the particular language is from Section 9, excerpted below.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
This is the first I've heard of this particular language from the user agreement, allow me to reach out and learn more. I'll respond back here once I have more information, and thank you for bringing this up!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thank you for the information.  I am pleased to know Webroot continues to provide active security when there is not a WiFi connection.  Other than this concern, I have been very pleased with Webroot.