Solved

Serious problem with WRSA

• 25 November 2012
  • 3 replies

Today after a logoff and logon of my Windows 7 I was unable to see the deskop because I received an error from explorer.exe that the file wrusr.dll was not a windows file or was corrupted.

I only managed in safe mode to uninstall WRSA  and after rebooting in normal mode i was able to see desktop althought WRSA was in the process of scanning the system from the beginning. It seems that it was reinstalled automatically. Is this possible?

Don't know what happened here. Any explanations?
icon

Best answer by jcmn 25 November 2012, 21:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jcmn and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums again. ;)

It could be that for some reason WSA got corrupted and the best thing to do is to do a clean reinstall! At this point I assume that WSA is not installed ATM so please install WSA and reboot and after reboot uninstall WSA in normal mode and reboot so that it will clear out all of the files then install again and see if it's working correctly if not report back. Make sure you have a copy of your keycode as you will need it to reinstall.

HTH,

TH
Thanks for the response.

At this moment my system reports WRSA as installed and everything is functioning perfectly. Even the date of installation is today, I don't know waht happened exactly. Perhaps WRSA developers can have an explanation. Perhaps this situation is not new.

I will stay with the current situation, unless anything unusuall happens and I will then reinstall as recommended.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sounds good but if it happens again just reply here and one of the Webroot Staff members can look into it further.

Cheers,

TH