Solved

Some settings keep resetting itself to default.

No matter how many times I try, after SecureAnywhere restart, or system reboot, some settings I change are reset to default.

In my case these settings are:
- Scan Settings -> "Show the "Authenticating Files" popup...
- Access Control -> Require the (..) CAPTCHA (...) critical (...)

I did not change much, so I do not know how many more can be affected.
But some of the setting stay permanent, for example reducing logging or resource usage.

After changing setting I get warning about possible settings override from WebConsole. As I chose  "User Configuration"  for every registered PC, I do not understand this whole situation.

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 March 2013, 00:49

View original

27 replies

UPDATE: 
No luck, "Show auth. popup (...)" keeps enabling itself although it was disabled through whole session after unchecking tickbox.

I take this back, it was my fault.
I clicked on "save all" button on main settings dialog (with slide bars) after changing and saving advanced settings.
This button resets user made changes to advanced settings.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
OK all fixed in a Future Build it was something that had to be fixed in/for the registry as the OS wasn't telling WSA it was shutting down so @ used a debugging build and that one worked so he put me back on the build I was on because it wasn't showing in the action center. Another bug bites the dust. ;)

Daniel
Thanks Daniel for the information. This bug was quite insidious and we are happy it has gone. BTW, I can't myself recall when, if ever, Joe wasn't successful with debugging of my PC during remote sessions 😃