Solved

Status Notification Screen

• 10 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Under Settings --->Install Settings there is a check box for "Show a status notification screen on bootup." I have that checked, but I never receive any notifications on bootup from Webroot.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 12 June 2019, 17:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This could be related to a few things, would you mind contacting us so we can figure it out and get it fixed for you? We can be reached at the number below, or by clicking here to create a ticket.

1-866-612-4227
Done! Created a ticket. Thanks.
Well I heard from support. They pretty much blew me off, saying on faster computers [mine is 3+years old - my roommate has the same issue; her PC is an old Gateway] the notification may appear before Windows loads and that I should merely look at the icon in the taskbar.

Duh!

If a "feature" doesn't work it should probably be removed - or, fixed. This is not a major issue at all, but if a simple thing like that doesn't work, it makes one wonder what else might not be working.

Might be time to move on.
Userlevel 7
Well I heard from support. They pretty much blew me off, saying on faster computers [mine is 3+years old - my roommate has the same issue; her PC is an old Gateway] the notification may appear before Windows loads and that I should merely look at the icon in the taskbar.

That's interesting answer from Support. I have a HP which is fast and a Toshiba which is slow. Both computers I see the Status Notification Screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I see it on both of my super fast Laptops! Down by the system Clock.