Solved

Stop renew popup without paying

• 30 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I don't have the money to renew my subscription right now, and I'd rather not outright uninstall Webroot since I plan to renew later, but even after turning off "show a status notification screen on bootup" in the advanced settings, I  still get a popup regularly telling me to "save now". Is there a way to block these without outright uninstalling?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 1 May 2020, 02:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @lyrander ,

I just spoke with support to find out the best answers around this. 

If your Webroot subscription has actually expired, the message you’re receiving is likely originating from Windows. Windows 10 will repeatedly remind you that your security coverage is lacking and for you to renew or uninstall Webroot. 

The suggestion from our support team: you should uninstall, allow Windows to protect you in the interim, and when you renew/purchase a new sub you can just install it again

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Hey @lyrander ,

I just spoke with support to find out the best answers around this. 

If your Webroot subscription has actually expired, the message you’re receiving is likely originating from Windows. Windows 10 will repeatedly remind you that your security coverage is lacking and for you to renew or uninstall Webroot. 

The suggestion from our support team: you should uninstall, allow Windows to protect you in the interim, and when you renew/purchase a new sub you can just install it again

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Apparently I CAN'T uninstall webroot because Windows 10 doesn't recognize it as a program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @lyrander 

Try this via Run Command:

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

If it doesn’t work try this in Safe Mode with Networking! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Thanks,