Solved

Strange Console issue

• 9 February 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
I have had WSAC for just over a year.. and so I also had the mobile version installed on my phone until last summer when support was dropped for Android 2.1.  At that time, I removed it from my phone.

Ever since, my console has shown my protected PC's, but of course the Mobile Security shows
  • 0 Devices Protected
  • 0 Device Needing Attention
  • 0 Devices Infected
It hasbeen several months since I removed the mobile software from the phone, but suddenly tonight, my console looks like this:

Any ideas as to why my Console suddenly shows a problem for Mobile Security, yet I have never used my current key code with any mobile devices?  
icon

Best answer by JimM 13 February 2013, 20:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
There are three keycodes in your console. The "upgrade/renew" is a clue to me that the "1 device needing attention" is referencing one of the two expired keycodes in the console rather than your newer, unexpired keycode. If this message started appearing 22 days ago, that would go towards confirming my theory. Was it literally last night that this alert appeared, or is it possible that it began 22 days ago?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
 Was it literally last night that this alert appeared, or is it possible that it began 22 days ago?
Jim, 

It was either last night, or the night before.  I do not recall logging into the console the night before, so it MIGHT have been then.  It most certainly was not showing yellow before then.  If you look, you will also see that while the PC is clean, there IS mention of an infection within the past 24 hours... evidently my wife found her way to a small bug while I was at work, which Webroot removed.  The Mobile showing yellow began after the removal of the PC threat.. probably not at all related, but curious timing on it. .
Userlevel 7
OH, I forgot to mention, that while the mobile was activated, I have not had it installed for several months due to my outdated Android version..  The console was happy with no mobile devices protected from probably September until now, so I am not sure it is the mobile key code either.  If it is related to the mobile key code, the timing is indeed odd.
Userlevel 7
It is still yellow.. but it does not really worry me.  I will not have an android device capable of using Webroot for another couple of months yet,   If it would help to remove that key code from the account, that is fine, but I would guess it might still be tied to a grace period issue, even though the warning did not show up right at the expiration date of the previous key code.

As there is another pending issue related to my old key codes, I would say just leave it for now and see what happens after the 45 day period is up and go from there.

As for that other issue... yes, still showing double the storage that I should have, but we have 20 some days still to go I believe.
Userlevel 7
The expred mobile key code is no longer in the manage key code listing (Not sure if it removed via old age or removed from back end by Admin)  The console still shows Mobile in yellow.  No mobile devices have any version installed.

Mobile Security

• 0 Devices Protected
  • 1 Device Needing Attention
  • 0 Devices Infected

Userlevel 7
This cosmetic issue should be patched later today. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Nice!

Any idea what caused the problem or was it unique to just me?
Userlevel 7
Without getting too technical, it probably wasn't just you. The issue was purely cosmetic though. It should be fixed for anyone affected when the patch goes out.
Userlevel 7
And the result is.... All Green on the Console again.  Thank you!