Solved

System Analyzer couldn't connect online

• 23 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

For some reason today,  my attempt(s)  return the following  error:

Not all analysis routines could be completed because System Analyzer couldn't connect online.

The  major addition to my life is the fact that Microsoft Edge made  behind-the-scene changes to Edge while I slept overnight. 

The error is bizarre because it always remains consistent  even if I  run System Analyzer while I am CONNECTED  online!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 January 2021, 16:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @DavidCash 

Please do a reboot of the system and try again! Also System Analyzer is just a basic tool and don’t take things it says as gold please see all the complaints about it: https://community.webroot.com/search?q=System%20Analyzer I personally don’t use it.

HTH,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

HTH,

Hi.  I found some Webroot instructions  on rebooting, but doubt that  I can download  anything during the process, as  Microsoft  Edge10 -- version 88.0.750.50 (Official Build) (64-bit) -- interferes with  the process  whenever I try to download anything?  Apparently,  I do not have a proper app.  I am baffled.  I dislike things that I do not understand, and Microsoft Edge  has become a terrible annoyance to my happiness. 

Thank you for your suggestion.  At the moment I am ignoring the System Analyzer’s  error,  due to the fact that everything else works !  Thus, the error message seems stupid.

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

No issues here to report:

Click on picture to see full size.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

HTH, 

The error message has disappeared and the System Analyzer gives me a 100%  favorable  outlook,  and now I think that I can explain why it  was resolved. 

Here goes:  Because  Edge is a plethora  of  privacy  settings to help banish  unwanted  activity  -- EXCEPT ITS OWN MSN. NETWORK -- I  monkeyed  with  the  Webroot  Optimizer  choices/and scheduler to combat  everything under the sun -- including MSN.  (Prior to my monkey activity,  Optimizer  had worked  well for 7+ years.)  

This morning, I  waited  patiently  for  Webroot  to  perform  its  scheduled  Scan, and also  its scheduled Optimization.  Bingo!  Everything worked, no errors!

So, essentially  it was my messing  with the settings  which then needed  for me to wait patiently afterwards  for a scheduled SCAN  and  OPTIMIZATION  -- which would involve the “Cloud” --  before  everything  would do what I wanted it to do.  (Or in the vernacular of the street: the error message was due to “my impatient bad”.)   He he!

Embarrassed  Dave