Solved

System Insight?

• 25 November 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I use NIS 2013 and Webroot. I liked them both. One thing I wish Webroot had that Norton does is "system insight" (shows when programs were installed, when viruses where found, when scans were done, and performance issues such as high memory usage/high cpu usage). 

Anyhow, this comes in handy for me when I need to find out:

1. When a virus was installed via  a program (to find the culprit person).

2. When and what program was installed to troubleshoot Windows issues.

3. Verify and check if scheduled scans are taken place correctly. 

4. Look and see what programs were used the most, usage of memory/cpu of each program, and whether the PC turns off or goes into standby.

Keep in mind (for those who don't use Norton), that this is all done in a clean calendar format.

I love Webroot, but wish there was some type of expanded log. Webroot may possibly add and expand on this feature in the near future? 

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 25 November 2012, 07:26

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello mar122999 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Have you setup your account on My Webroot as you click on a PC in use and see much more info also there many other logs such as a Scan Log, Threat Log and such within WSA.

HTH,

TH

Userlevel 2
Yes. I love that feature that Webroot has that Norton doesn't (online virus logs of remote PCs). What I am talking about is advanced 'local' logs of PC's activity (installation of programs and program usage mainly). Here is Norton's System Insight:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you tried to Save a Scan log and look at the details? If not Right Click on the Tray Icon and and Click on Save a Scan Log and have a look.

TH
Userlevel 2
I just looked at the save scan log. That is an advanced scan detail list. What I was suggesting is much more than scans only (program installation, downloads from the internet, and program memory/cpu usage).

Just a suggestion for Webroot if they are interested in using that feature.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Maybe it's not a priority for Webroot as the Client is only 700+kb but if you like you can post an Idea in the https:///t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/Ideas/tab/most-recentand if users like the Idea they can give it Kudo's then the Webroot Staff will keep and eye on it to see if it gets lot's of Kudo's as some of them have been included in WSA now. ;)

TH
Userlevel 2
I will. Thanks for the quick replys. I appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome!

Cheers,

TH