Solved

System Scan Tells me Antivirus is Disabled?

• 28 February 2013
  • 13 replies

Hello, I ran System Analyzer and it told me that Secure Anywhere was disabled.  Can anyone help me validate this or tell me if there is a problem?  I've included the results of the scan.  I appreciate the help in advance.

=========== cut line ============
Thu 2013-02-28 16:32:22                           System Analysis completed in 52 seconds (v8.0.2.118)

Operating System
----------------------------------------------------------------
OS                                                Windows 8 (Build 9200) 64bit (Language: 1033)
OS Install Date                                   Thu 2013-01-31 23:54
Screen Resolution                                 1366 x 768 (32 bpp)
Browser                                           IE 9.10.9200.16484
Hostname                                          GONZALEZHO-PC
DNS Server                                        24.220.0.10
External IP Address                               *please don't post your ip address* -admin
System Directory                                  C:WINDOWSsystem32
Common AppData Directory                          C:ProgramData

Current Session
System Uptime                                     1m 40s (Tick Count: 100843)
Username                                          Gonzalez Ho - Session ID: 1
User Account Level                                Administrator
System Access Level                               Restricted
CPU Usage                                         11%
Physical Memory                                   18% (6856676 KB free)
Virtual Memory                                    7% (1959876 KB free)
Page File                                         9% (15273308 KB free)
Active Applications                               180 windows (8 visible)
Active Processes                                  39

User Accounts
Administrator (Default)                           Preconfigured Account, Number of Logins: 12, Administrative Privileges
Gonzalez Ho                                       Last Password Change: 181 days ago, Last Login: Thu 2013-02-28 16:30, Number of Logins: 466, Administrative Privileges

System Security
Virus Protection                                  Windows Defender  (Disabled)
Virus Protection                                  Webroot SecureAnywhere  (Disabled)
Spyware Protection                                Windows Defender  (Disabled)
Spyware Protection                                Webroot SecureAnywhere  (Disabled)
Windows Firewall                                  Enabled and Active

System Anti-Malware Scan
6690 files analyzed                               6690 files Deep Scanned
No infections found

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 2 March 2016, 15:21

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Do you perhaps have "Show SecureAnywhere in Windows Action Center" unchecked in Basic Configuration?
Thank you for the reply. It is checked.
Userlevel 7
You're welcome. 
Are all of your shields enabled?  Do you see the green W icon in the system tray?  If you restart and run system analyzer again, do you get the same result?

If the answer to all of those questions is "yes," please create a support case so we can ensure that your system is not experiencing symptoms of an infection.

I haven't seen this issue before personally, so please let us know what response you get back from support.  It will likely be beneficial to others to know.
Jim, thanks for your help!  I rebooted and reran the scan, and now it tells me that the software is up and running.  Also, I do see the "W" in the system tray.  I really appreciate you help and time.  I'll continue to monitor, and will probably run another scan tomorrow just to make sure it's up and running.

Again, I appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
Hello frgonzo, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Happy to see that your issue has been fixed. If you run into any other problems just post them on the forum for quick answers. 😉
I am having the same problem but I do not know where to find

" "Show SecureAnywhere in Windows Action Center" unchecked in Basic Configuration?"

Any help is appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello MissV,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please look here to check "Show SecureAnywhere in Windows Action Center" unchecked in Basic Configuration?

Are all of your shields enabled?  Do you see the green W icon in the system tray?

What OS are you running by the way? For Windows 10 look here.

After you have checked all of this...

Would you mind doing a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot to see if this fixes the issue? It will only take you 5 minutes at the most to complete?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks!

Sherry,
Thank you for your help.
I found the Windows Action Center but it will not let me turn on either Virus or Spyware protection. What do I do now?
And I am using Windows Vista.
Should I still go ahead and re-install Webroot?
Val
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi MissV,

Yes please try the uninstall/reinstall of Webroot.

If this does not resolve this issue then please Submit a Support Ticket whiich is free of charge with your active Webroot susbcription. and they will gladly assist. Support is usually pretty quit in responding back.

Sherry,
re-installation successful. All systems green.
Thanks for your help,
Val
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi MissV,

That's great! Thank you for letting us know!:D
Try to turn on Security Center in services. Then go to Control Panel, Action Center, Security. You will see a red color rows. Turn on options concerned with Webroot. Confirm requests. Shut down antivirus and then run it again. 
Try to turn on Security Center in services. Then go to Control Panel, Action Center, Security. You will see the red rows. Turn on options concerned with Webroot. Confirm requests. Shut down antivirus and then run it again.