Ok...want to switch to Webroot from Trend Micro but unless I get this issue resolved it won't happen. The computer seems to freeze up to the point where the mouse runs at a crawl for about 5 mins. Now 1 cause at least seems to happen when I open Task Manager. Prior to install it would open in about 2 seconds. Now it takes 20-30 seconds and Task Manager process itself is running at about 23% CPU for that time. I then can barely move the mouse most of the time or do anything else on the PC. notice the Task Manager icon is blue rather than green so does that mean that Webroot has taken control of Task Manager? I added Task Manager itself as an exception to Allow but it seems to make little difference. Absolutely ruined a presentation I was running the other day.
Turn off Realtime and Web Shield and it opens fine. What can I do to resolve?
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
I got the same thing.
Not sure how others can get to it.
Maybe it's a geographical issue and you guys are trying to pull the file from a different server?
I'm sure that LLiddell will get to the bottom of it.:)
I thought it could have been a different server, but I thought the cached thing was more likely. Sometimes people here would update web pages and complain about their changes not showing. I would tell them to do Ctrl + F5 in their browser; it's another way to refresh the page without having to clear your cache.
Quick update. So support did pull the file as there were some compatibility issues (not sure how some folks might still be accessing it) and they are working on an adapted version. I will create a KB for it once the new one is available.
Wanted to say thank you again for all your work looking into this, as it helps with the troubleshooting process immensely!
Thank you for reaching out to us. I have looked the kudos functionality on Firefox Quantum and was unable to reproduce the issue in your stage environment. It would be helpful if we would provide us some screen recording or screenshots of the issue to find the cause of the issue.
If you'd like me to pursue this further, please let me know and send me some screenshots if possible.
We actually were able to figure it out.
Thanks for looking into this!
I submitted a support ticket earlier this week. I got a response of "We have added your case to our escalation process so we can notify you of any change / update regarding this issue."
So, still doesn't appear that they have a fix. I told them I was willing to try a beta when one is released. I can update this post when I have more information from them.
Webroot SecureAnywhere v184.108.40.206
Windows 10 Spring Release 64bit Windows Insider!
I don't see any issues with Firefox or Chrome and opening Task Manager and again this is on a VM so I will check again when it's installed on my actual PC in the coming week.
A work-a-round is to temporarily change the 'chrome.exe' entry in Webroot's 'Identity Protection' > 'Application Protection', from 'Protect' to 'Allow', then right click Webroot and choose 'Shut Down Protection'. After re-launching Webroot, I'm able to use Chrome with the Task Manager open and it's working fine without freezing up. I have tried to just set it to 'Allow' without restarting Webroot, but that doesn't work. Webroot has to be Shutdown, and then re-launched.
This off course is not an ideal solution as Chrome.exe is then no longer protected by Webroot.