Text Expander software (Breevy, PhraseExpress) limitations

• 23 August 2013
  • 11 replies

I've been trying to figure out what was wrong with PhraseExpress and I've narrowed it down to Webroot.  While webroot is running, I cannot expand text in some areas such as the address bar in chrome/firefox, or any login/pw popup dialogue.  It will, however, work inside of Evernote, Word, etc.  When I disable Webroot Security, it works everywhere.  Initially, PhraseExpress was categorized as "Monitor" but I changed it to "Allow" with no results.  Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Aaron

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Aaron and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Can you look under Identity Shield  to see if the programs are listed and are under protected if they are can you change them to allow to see if it works fine after and please let us know.

Thanks,

Daniel
Thank you! Required a restart then worked great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ ,

I see you accepted as a solution but it isn't it was a Diagnosis check. Can you please Submit a Support Ticket so they can get some logs from you as I assume some of the files will need to be whitelisted then let us know how it goes. ;)

Thanks,

Daniel
I have the same problem. I cannot use phrase express in Chrome. It works well in MS Word. I tried to disable Webroot and add Phraseexpress  as a "Allow" program. Still does not work. I even tried to restart the computer and no luck. Any help is much appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you please Submit a Support Ticket so they can get some logs from you as I assume some of the files will need to be whitelisted then let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Any progress on this? It is most frustrating. I need Phrase Express more than I need Webroot, and will gladly dump Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Hi lightwriter

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As Daniel has advised in both his posts please Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can get some logs from you. These are sent automatically with the ticket opening & then they can review these for any files needing to be whitelisted.

Hopefully, once that is done, there should be no further issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you for the quick reply. I figured any "fix" to this issue would have been released as an update. I have filed a ticket as suggested.
Userlevel 7
Hi lightwriter

You are most welcome.

I suspect that the 'fix' will not be a change to the WSA client on you ssyetm but rather that the Webroot Cloud needs to be updated to 'see' the files involved as 'Good'...in which case the update will take place in the Cloud and should be takne into consideration the next time the files are accessed/WSA checks them or duritng the next full scan; either scheduled or manually initiated.

Whitelisting is something that goes on centrally daily; on average Webroot deal with 200,000+ files changes a day so it is undertandable that they may miss one or two, however hard they try to cover them all. ;)

Hope that helps further?

Regards Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks for explaining. I'm back on the Windows side of things after being in the Mac world for ten years, so I had never even heard of Webroot before a couple of months ago. I'm a fan of its cloud-based approach to security, and I must say that the support response--even though this thread is the only interaction I've had so far--is heads above what I was expecting from a software company!
Userlevel 7
Hi lightwriter

No worries...that is one of the things the Community is here for. :D

I also think that you will find the official Webroot Support Team top notch (we are only volunteers here) ...they have won awards for that in the past.

Glad to hear that yo are a happy punter.

Regards, Baldrick