Tha padlock is back!

• 7 February 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
I have to share my today's joy with all of you here on the Community :D

Today has been released the new beta build and been deployed to the closed beta users. This build includes many improvements and should be released live/officialy soon as said the lead developer.

The most noticable improvement for me is that the padlock is back over WSA icon in the systray!!! Those who know me and my complaints knows that this issue was a real pain for me for a very long time. If you're interested you can read https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Missing-padlock/m-p/4029#M1333 and especially https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/My-long-lasting-issues-pending-support/m-p/19018#M1741.

The conclusion for not having the padlock was that my OS language is not supported yet. The new build shows that it wasn't wholly true or if so, the developers found the way how to overcome language implications. Whatever it was I am grateful to the developers for the great work they have been doing. I have written to JoeJ ... please don't change anything in the core as I want to see the padlock forever :D

That said, there is a big chance for other users being on the unsupported OS language systems that the padlock will be back also for them. There were some reports from Polish fellows for the missing padlock, so I believe they will be fine too.

You may be pondering why all this noise about so trivial thing but the subtext of this resolved issue is that the developers can make WSA compatible with all OS systems regardless on OS languages and that's the great information for many people. OK maybe not to fully compatible but almost compatible :D

So, stay tuned for the new public build whose change log will surely be a long one.

I do apologize to moderators for sharing maybe of undercover information but I hope they will recognize my honorable intentions.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Someone is very happy I'm glad you finally got your Padlock back! :D

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Someone is very happy
:D yes, very happy, I dare to say it's like dream comes true :D