Solved

The ticket system. Is it down?

Userlevel 4
  • Community Guide
  • 116 replies
I've been trying to access  the ticket system this morning, and after entering name and password, nothing happens. It never advances to the ticket pages. Is anything going on with it?
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 6 June 2013, 15:33

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
The support system is working, I can see new tickets coming in. Have you tried using another browser? Try clearing your cookies and try again.
Userlevel 4
No go. I just tried both Firefox and Chrome. Both exhibit the same exact activity. Enter username, enter password, nothing happens. It just sits on the password screen every time I hit the button on the password screen.
Userlevel 7
I don't know if it can be of the same nature but yesterday I had for problems to get this community site for cca 2 hours. All other sites worked fine including the main Webroot web, only this community was unaccessible in all my browsers. I was even receiving the mail notifications from the subscribed threads but couldn't connect. The problem itself disappeared later.
Userlevel 5
I logged in and was able to see my previous thread just fine, also went to the new ticket page without any issues.
Userlevel 4
I hit continue on the password screen, and it just flips back to the password screen. I know it's the right password, because I can log in to my web console for my account.
Userlevel 7
OK, from what you describe it doesn't seem your problem has something to do with my yesterday's issue. In my case it was probaly a hiccup only but in your case it looks like some problems with your credentials. You will need an assistance of moderators I think.
Userlevel 4
It's strange because I am able to log in fine on my web console. I don't see anything out of whack in there. I am trying to submit a false positive report after I submitted the file, and I can't. I've submitted tickets before without issue, but this is the first time I've ever had somethiing like this happen while trying to do so.
Userlevel 7
Can you try to click on Forgot your password? it will send you an e-mail with a link to the support system and all your credentials (mail and password). Please try to log in using the recived mail and password, don't use any password managers, just try it from the scratch.
Userlevel 4
Well, that worked. I was able to get in and submit a ticket. I would think if I entered the wrong password, the system would at least tell me I'm entering something wrong and to check my spelling, etc, etc. And not just flip back to the enter password screen.
Userlevel 7
Glad you get it sorted out. :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well, that worked. I was able to get in and submit a ticket. I would think if I entered the wrong password, the system would at least tell me I'm entering something wrong and to check my spelling, etc, etc. And not just flip back to the enter password screen.
If the system does not give a report of incorrect password, just goes back to the entry screen, you might post an Idea about adding that feature to the Ticket System.  I don't know if it is something they can easily add, but it won't hurt anything to ask 🙂
Userlevel 7
I have fixed that FP, looks like a slightly different version that the last file. Change will be pushed automatically if not a deep scan will sort the problem out.

Open the Webroot Software:

1. Click PC Security in the top tab of the Webroot Secure Anywhere window.
2. Open the Scan tab.
3. Click the Custom Scan link.
4. The default scan option is "Deep". Click Scan.

This will start a Deep Scan of your system. Please let us know if these actions have not resolved the issue.