Threats

• 14 June 2015
  • 1 reply

I have threats on my computer and the scan has stopped scanning in the middle of the scan,now what?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi TimW520

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about this issue.  In the circumstance, if you are not a techy person, I would strongly recommend that you Open a Support Ticket to re-contact the Support Team and continue with the reporting of the issue/seeking their help.  And if they believe that from that dialogue they need to get onto your system to investigate they will send you a link to establish the connection through.

It may be that WSA suspects/has made a generic detection, perhaps indicated by the behavioural detection features, hence then may be unable to automatically remove.

Now, if you are a techy person then there is another thing that you can try before the Support Ticket; in some cases this issue may be solved very simply by booting the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and running WSA under that system state. 

Safe Mode with Networking loads a default video driver at a low resolution or screen depth which may cause your software and desktop to change appearances. To access this mode of Windows please follow the steps listed below:

1. Restart the computer.

2. When you see the black-and-white Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, repeatedly tap the F8 key until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

3. Use the Arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.

4. When you are asked to login to Windows please login to your account.

5. Open SecureAnywhere and click the 'cog' beside 'PC Security'.

On the Scan & Shields tab, select Custom Scan.
       Select deep scan from the Customized Scan Window and Click Start Scan

6. After the scan has run then restart your computer to see if that has fixed the problem.

If not then please open that Support Ticket ASAP.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick