tired of backup/sync

• 19 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15
Never had so much trouble as i have had with this backup/sync  program. Now, once again, just happened to check bu/sync that it was doing its job on this computer (have 2). And ... once again bu is OFF!!!!! Cannot get back on. Tried to .. once again increase the upload amount and notify if get to 98% usage ... All I get is:
"The operation failed with error code 10. The maximum upload retries for one or more files has failed.

Web site does show me what the heck error code 10 is how to fix or how to get bu/sync turned back on.

Anyone know?

3 replies

Hi ?,

Sorry to hear you'e having trouble with B & S. I too have had this happen. You can usually restart BU by shutting down (right-click Webroot icon in system tray)and restarting Webroot (may need to enter captcha.)

If that does not work, an uninstall/clean install will do the trick. You will need to reset any synced folders or backups.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

I would also recommend submitting a ticket if this trouble persists. Webroot is aware of the problem but could always use more information to help remedy the problem.

Hope this info helps, please let us know. :)

bd
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
Thanks for the reply. I shut down the protection. Then just shut down the computer. Started back up ... wrc reinstalled (or started). I checked bu/sync and it was back on. I did a back up and I guess all is well for a while. I hope they fix this pain ... !
Thanks again,

You're Welcome ?.

Ironically, after answering your question I decided to check mine when I got home and low and behold B&S was off again. :@

I have gone ahead and opened a support ticket so that Support can get a better idea of what's going on.

There is also a thread regarding this issue. You can follow it HERE if you wish.

Thanks very much for getting back to us. If the problem returns you may want to submit a trouble ticket as well. You can also post back here (or the other thread).

Have a good day,

bd