Solved

toolbar?

• 16 February 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I heard someone mention toolbar..i have firefox 10.01..should there be some kind of toolbar?
Tom
icon

Best answer by JimM 8 April 2012, 02:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The Webroot toolbar is in the WSA Complete version only as it's for Password Management and nothing more: http://www.webrootanywhere.com/sah_Password_Management.asp?n=About_Password_Management

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 3
The toolbar included in Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete, versions 8.0.1.44 and earlier, is not compatible with Mozilla Firefox 9/10. We have a developed a patch which enables toolbar functionality in Firefox 9 & 10. Please follow the instructions below to apply this patch to your system.

1. Click here to download the patch. Save the file to your desktop.
  2. Close all open instances of the Firefox browser.
  3. Double-click the file fftbfix.exe on your desktop. The patch runs automatically.
  4. Once the process is complete, click the Finish button.
  5. Restart your computer.
After the restart, if the toolbar is not immediately available, check your Firefox add-ons and make sure the Webroot Toolbar is enabled.

Webroot intends to release an updated version of SecureAnywhere Complete to permanently correct this issue.  Your system should update to this new version automatically.

For further assistance, or to report issues using the Firefox patch, submit a ticket to our Support team here.

You should also be able to log into the toolbar using your Internet Explorer web browser.
Userlevel 7
My apologies for dredging up such an old topic, but this conversation merits an update.

Although the response provided above was correct at the time it was posted, we have since then made the toolbar compatible not only with Firefox 9 and 10 but also 11. As of this posting, the most recent released version of Webroot SecureAnywhere is 8.0.1.165.

Mozilla has a tendency to deploy new versions of Firefox at a somewhat rapid pace. As a result, developers have a harder time keeping up with the new builds and keeping their software compatible. That said, our developers do work hard to keep up with the fairly demanding Firefox release cycle, and we are currently fully compatible with the most recent version.
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:

"Mozilla has a tendency to deploy new versions of Firefox at a somewhat rapid pace. As a result, developers have a harder time keeping up with the new builds and keeping their software compatible. That said, our developers do work hard to keep up with the fairly demanding Firefox release cycle, and we are currently fully compatible with the most recent version."

I assume the same applies to the Chrome browser since they too deploy new versions of their software on a rapid release cycle.
Userlevel 7
Actually, right now we don't have a toolbar for Chrome.  That idea has been brought up a few times over in the Ideas Exchange area and in tickets sent in to support.  I'd encourage you to add your support for that idea here.  The more requests we get for that feature, the more likely we will implement it.
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
"I'd encourage you to add your support for that idea here.  The more requests we get for that feature, the more likely we will implement it."

I don't use Google Chrome, but have added a comment in support of the idea at the link you mentioned.