Solved

Toolbar Missing

Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased Webroot Complete, and everything is going fine except the toolbar is missing. I have tried to research this, and I tried to reinstall the toolbar. But it just said it was already installed. I am using Firefox. Is there anything else I should try? I read somewhere about a "clean install." Does this mean I have to uninstall the entire thing and start again?

Also, when I confirmed my email for this forum, it said something funny in the confirmation email. There was a scarlet bar, and it said, "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks." Does anyone know what this refers to?

Thank you,

P.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 8 April 2014, 02:40

View original

19 replies

By the way, when I click on View --> Toolbars, it lists the Webroot toolbar among the available toolbars. The toolbar just doesn't appear when it is checked.
Userlevel 7
Hi Pippali,

Welcome to the Community!

@ wrote:
By the way, when I click on View --> Toolbars, it lists the Webroot toolbar among the available toolbars. 
Does the toolbar is set as "turned on"?
Have you tried to use Webroot Toolbar Fix before?

If no, I would recommend you to:
1. Click on the link above and choose "Save File" and save the "toolbarfix.exe" to your Desktop.
2. Shutdown Firefox completely.
3. Double-click on the "toolbarfix.exe" file to run it. 
4. When the process is complete, open Firefox again and if you get a message about a "new add-on" click Yes. 
    You should now see the Webroot Toolbar being "on" and working in Firefox.

Regards,

Mike
Thank you, Mike. I did try the toolbar fixer. What do you mean is the toolbar turned on? It is checked in the View --> toolbar dropdown menu. Is there anywhere else it needs to be turned on? I have also checked my add ons in Firefox, and it is enabled.
Userlevel 7
Hi pippali

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_hi.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_hi.gif

What was the outcome of trying the toolbar fixer?  Did it resolve the issue?  

If not then have you checked under Firefox (top left hand corner), and then Options to make sure that the Webroot Toolbar that you should see, below Options, along with any other toolbar installed, is checked/ticked.  Simple stuff but I did run into this way back...not sure why but...

Regards

Baldrick
Thank you, Baldrick.

The toolbar is still missing. I have tried the toolbar fixer a few times.

With regard to the Firefox options, the Webroot Toolbar is checked when I go to View --> Toolbars. But I don't find any option under Tools --> Options. Is there more than one place to check within Firefox?

The only thing I can think of is that something happened with my installation. I had my previous system still installed when I installed Webroot (because I wanted to hold on to my logins), but I have run the toolbar fixer a few times and nothing changes.

I am running a relatively old computer with Windows XP still (getting a new computer soon). Would it have anything to do with XP?

Thanks,

P.
Userlevel 7
Helloo there :)

The problem is probably not caused by it being an XP computer.  while Microsoft may be issuing the last patches for XP tomorrow, Webroot will continue to support XP for quite a while yet... at least another 2 or 3 years.

Have you tried to uninstall WSA and reinstall?  If not, and you want to try it, make sure that after uninstalling, reboot the computer before reinstalling.

Thanks, guys. Finally fixed. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Excellent!
Userlevel 7
Hi PipPali

That is great news to hear. :D

Good of you to post back.

What was the solution in the end?  Was is the reinstall suggested by David that did the trick?  It would be good to know...for the toolkit...so that as and when other users come here with something similar we can be right on it with the solution.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP1970 wrote:

The problem is probably not caused by it being an XP computer.  while Microsoft may be issuing the last patches for XP tomorrow, Webroot will continue to support XP for quite a while yet... at least another 2 or 3 years.

Have you tried to uninstall WSA and reinstall?  If not, and you want to try it, make sure that after uninstalling, reboot the computer before reinstalling.

Actually Webroot will support XP till April 2019! http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/artikel/the-end-is-nigh-for-windows-xp-these-anti-virus-software-products-will-continue-to-protect-xp-after/

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@DavidP1970 wrote:

Actually Webroot will support XP till April 2019! http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/artikel/the-end-is-nigh-for-windows-xp-these-anti-virus-software-products-will-continue-to-protect-xp-after/

Daniel
Details, details.... I was close enough for the question at hand!

🙂  Just kidding Daniel, thank you for the clarification!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Daniel
Good news for my old HP laptop!! 

Thanks Daniel!

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP1970 wrote:
@ wrote:
@DavidP1970 wrote:

Daniel
Details, details.... I was close enough for the question at hand!

🙂  Just kidding Daniel, thank you for the clarification!
You want more Details?

Webroot Support available until at least April 2019 (2)

(2) It is possible that these manufacturers will further extend the duration of their support if the market demand remains high enough.

Daniel :p

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Userlevel 2
Hi nic
I read all the evidence and did anyone right click on the green W under the address bar? I did and got a list of address bars, just thought I'd share that with you all have a great night.

Thank you

Little Voice
Hi everyone,

It's actually hard to know what fixed it. After doing a clean install and not seeing anything and then using the toolbar fixer again, I looked up and saw the green button with the W in it in the top right corner of the screen.

Could it have been there all along? Embarrassing to consider the possibility! But it could be true. I was expecting a big toolbar in addition to the Firefox navigation toolbar. This is how it had been with Norton 360. There had been a toolbar in addition to the Firefox toolbar, with a search box in it and all the Norton colors, that couldn't be missed. So I was expecting another one of these to appear.

But Webroot appears to integrate the browser toolbar with its own toolbar, isn't that right? It's a nice idea, fewer toolbars. But if it had been there all along I just didn't see it because my eye wasn't used to going over to that part of the navigation bar and the green button is pretty small.

It's possible it could have appeared after the clean install at some point, though. I don't really know. I just thought I would give people kudos and slip away and hope no one asked what fixed it.  🙂 Because I am not really sure. It's possible it had been there all along, and it's possible it appeared at some point as I tried different things people suggested.

Best,

P.
But I can't be the only one who missed that little green button, so perhaps simply telling people where to look would be a useful item for the toolkit. 🙂
I have tired all the things suggested in this thread. I can not see the toolbar but it says it is there--Firefox. I am very frustrated with this, what do I do now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @
Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please look in your FF browser to the right and open the menu and go to add ons and see PW Manger isthere and then look in Preferences. Edit: Also see if it's Enabled?