Solved

Transfer purchased keycode to current

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Been with Webroot for over 6 years now. I have done this now each time. I was told this round though to call Sales... Which I did and told they don't add time to current keycodes. Said yet they have, done it many time.. reply was "no we haven't, never have... yet I wont argue with you about it"...

he wasn't being rude, just matter of fact attitude. Anyways, I take great dissatisfaction from this. As said this has been done so many times and the reason why I stay with webroot as the ease of it as some systems on my 5 license aren't easily accessible. So I ask, is there anyone that can do what has been done 5 or 6 times already without an issue. All has been great in the past with this very issue up until now. Thank you and I look forward to y our reply.
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 5 April 2019, 00:42

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I'll send you a private message so I can take care of this for you, keep an out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Awesome support Lara and Thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Thank you so very much. Just replied. Bless!!
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello. Its time again for a renewal. 23 days left on my 5 license.  Is it the same process as the last time, I buy a license (much cheaper than renew) and give it to you to apply to my keycode?.  I thought id ask before hand, as things a bit different now with you no longer handling passwords as last pass is now, so didn't know if this changed as we did it the last time and priors. 

thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Datagg ,

The easiest process is to wait until the day of or the day before you subscription is going to expire and apply the new keycode to your installed software. It will override the old keycode. No need to go through sales or support. However you can always contact support if you have difficulties!

-Keenan

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank you for reply. Just to clarify, will the new keycode once applied to my System make current all other installs  across the board renewed status?. 

I recall earlier days I had to go to all installs and apply, ( which isn't ideal) to make current, whereas more recently, applying to main install it was then applied  to all my licensed installs without intervention. Will this be how it works again?... Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hmm, that’s a good question. So you’re basically asking if you apply the keycode to your computer, will your phone subscription update as well?

I believe it will only work that way if you renew through the same subscription code. If you buy a new code (through amazon for example) then you would have to apply the code to all devices. If you think about it, that makes perfect sense - how would your phone know which new code you put into your desktop? The only way carryover can happen is if all of them stay on the same subscription code.

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you for reply. Just to clarify, will the new keycode once applied to my System make current all other installs  across the board renewed status?. 

I recall earlier days I had to go to all installs and apply, ( which isn't ideal) to make current, whereas more recently, applying to main install it was then applied  to all my licensed installs without intervention. Will this be how it works again?... Thank you. 

No you would have to do the same on each system, but the thing if you use a new keycode and you use the Password Manager and the Back Up & Sync once you enter the new keycode you will lose all that data so if @khumphrey can’t help you add the time to your current keycode then it’s best to contact support and even post the link to this thread as they should be able to do it for you without issues! Also add both keycodes in the ticket and they should sort it out for you. Webroot Customer Service

HTH,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

That's why I ask... Back in the day, even last year, I was able to give you a new purchased keycode and it was applied time and all by you to my current. Then all that had my current lkeycode on, was all renewed and even had the days added to it that were on my current time. So my now current keycode never changed so all remained the same. I do this as all the years past due to a renewed keycode cost is ridiculous, and never was an issue purchasing new and giving to you for time to be added to current keycode. 

Can this be done again.as many times before?.  Please let me know and I'll purchasea new keycode and give to you so you can add that to my current keycode. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

That's why I ask... Back in the day, even last year, I was able to give you a new purchased keycode and it was applied time and all by you to my current. Then all that had my current lkeycode on, was all renewed and even had the days added to it that were on my current time. So my now current keycode never changed so all remained the same. I do this as all the years past due to a renewed keycode cost is ridiculous, and never was an issue purchasing new and giving to you for time to be added to current keycode. 

Can this be done again.as many times before?.  Please let me know and I'll purchasea new keycode and give to you so you can add that to my current keycode. 

Thanks. 

Tell support as it’s now the weekend and @khumphrey will not be back until Monday. If they say no reply and say yes!! Like I said post the link to this thread in the Ticket!

We Mods can’t do it either!

Sorry!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Datagg ,

Subscription keys can be “added on top” of each other as you say, but support is the only one with that potential. 

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Datagg ,

Subscription keys can be “added on top” of each other as you say, but support is the only one with that potential. 

-Keenan

You need to get the permissions to do so as Lara and others did Keenan! You need to help the Community Members!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@TripleHelix ,

Those powers were specifically taken away from everyone except the support team. It’s unlikely we will get them back.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@TripleHelix ,

Those powers were specifically taken away from everyone except the support team. It’s unlikely we will get them back.

That's too bad. This shouldn't be such a huge deal each time. Could easily be fixed if we the users of many years weren't treated as new comers. A renewal option should be available at a far better cost.  Sent a ticket in the other day, still waiting for a reply.

Stay safe all.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@TripleHelix ,

Very sad state of affairs…...things should get better not worse.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I just now sent support, the newly purchased keycode and asked that it be applied to my current so all deices are activated with that time. Hopefully this goes without issue, as there always seems to be confusion when this is brought up. Its almost like a few are privy to this, and some are not. Hopefully this gets resolved without issue like it has been for the multiple years I have been here 85% of the time. 

Thank you and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello. Wrote support April 1st with new keycode to apply to current and still haven't heard anything.  3 days left to expiration. This has never been such a hassle previously as it has been this round.  More than ever this method has been important and never has been an issue. With todays stay home orders etc this has become even more of an issue.  Hopefully someone from support or someone who could maybe send a nudge there way can.  Hope everyone us safe. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @Datagg ,

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Let me ping @khumphrey or @freydrew and see if they can assist here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

You would think that on the GUI where you put the new keycode there would be a simple option saying “do you want to add this to an existing account” and if yes it is done automatically without all of this carry on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Datagg ,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting in touch with support. Can you please send me a private message with the email you used or your ticket number? I’ll check in with them.

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @khumphrey 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello. Wrote support April 1st with new keycode to apply to current and still haven't heard anything.  3 days left to expiration. This has never been such a hassle previously as it has been this round.  More than ever this method has been important and never has been an issue. With todays stay home orders etc this has become even more of an issue.  Hopefully someone from support or someone who could maybe send a nudge there way can.  Hope everyone us safe. 

So sad and I don’t like this policy! The Webroot Community staff should be able to add time onto your current keycode if you have purchased a new one and if they are the same product.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Datagg ,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting in touch with support. Can you please send me a private message with the email you used or your ticket number? I’ll check in with them.

-Keenan

Thank you. I sent associated email to you via PM. Thanks again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Datagg ,

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Let me ping @khumphrey or @freydrew and see if they can assist here?

Thank you for the help. 

Userlevel 7

So sad and I don’t like this policy! The Webroot Community staff should be able to add time onto your current keycode if you have purchased a new one and if they are the same product.

This is one of the downfalls of being Acquired sorry to say. :frowning2: