Solved

Trouble with scanning.

• 14 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
When I open Webroot to do a scan it say's "first scan not complete" In the past I have made sure all my scans were complete so, I don't know why I'm getting this message. I'm unable to move past this issue and complete or run a new scan.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 14 March 2019, 14:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @Hobie358 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You didn't say for which device but if it's the PC version then please do a clean reinstall as that fixes most issues like this!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Badge +3
Oops! my computer is a MacBook pro
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I will ping our Mac experts to help you @Ssherjj @ProTruckDriver

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @Hobie358

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Thank you @TripleHelix for the ping...

Sorry to hear that WSA is not running properly on your Mac. Usually an Uninstall / Reinstall solves most problems with WSA. Make sure you have or write down your keycode before following these steps.

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer

To install the Mac software:

1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.
  2. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
  3. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
  4. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate.
  5. If prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK.
Let Webroot complete the scan.

If you are still having the problem, Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7