Solved

tv/movie website blocked but without normal Webroot message

• 23 December 2012
  • 6 replies

The website couchtuner.com recently switched to the domain couchtuner.eu and is now being blocked by Webroot in all browsers (Chrome, Firefox and IE) but without any Webroot message about a detected threat. Instead I get the following generic browser messages:

• CHROME: Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

The site owner said that the new domain (couchtuner.eu) is blacklisted - based on activities by prior owner - but Webroot doesn't appear to be blocking it so I can't find anything to override.

I am able to access the site via macs and pcs not using Webroot so I know the problem is not with the site.

Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by nycgirl 28 December 2012, 16:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi nycgirl,

Please check to see if your browsers are set to Protect, Allow, or Deny: Open SecureAnywhere>click the Identity & Privacy tab>click View/Edit Protected Applications>make sure that your browsers are not set to Deny and reply with your results.

We might have to "whitelist" the site which would resolve this for you and other users that might be experiencing the same error. The best method is to Open a Support Ticket if you ever think that a site or program needs to be "whitelisted".

Hi Mike -

My browsers are all set to "protect."

I will submit a support ticket.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Hello nycgirl, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
The new domain was not being blacklisted and the technician has responded with new instructions. You can respond to the support ticket after trying the instructions if you need additional assistance.

Turns out the problem wasn't with Webroot. I had an old, expired Norton AntiVirus program on my computer that was apparently still active in some way and didn't like the site's domain change. I uninstalled that program and now the problem is fixed.

I'm back in tv streaming business :)  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Thank you nycgirl for posting that your problem has been fixed by removing expired Norton Product. 😉