Solved

Unable to log into Backup or passwords.

• 6 February 2013
  • 10 replies

My subscription expired and instead of renewing we bought a new keycode, now when trying to log in to set up back up it says invalid unsername/password. Also when I try to log into the toolbar for passwords it says that my subscription is expired. I can  not get into passwords at all on the console. What can I do to fix this problem?
icon

Best answer by JimM 7 February 2013, 16:40

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Forums Magic2273!

This sounds much like the issue I had a few weeks ago.  The User Accounts are tied to a specific key code, in this case the expired one.  You will want to Submit a Trouble Ticket and provide the following information:

1. The email address of the affected User Account(s)
  2. The old expired key code that the Account(s) are tied to
  3. The new key code
A Webroot support tech will be able to move the User Account(s) from the old key code to the new one.  In my case, Password Management started working immediately again, with no loss of saved password data.

I hope this works for you!
Userlevel 7
Submitting a case is fine, but I think I can take care of this one for you already with what information I can glean from your forum registration email address. I believe I've associated the account properly for you. Please check and see and let us know if the issue is now resolved. 🙂
Thanks! I'm now able to access my passwords but it's still telling me my username or password is invalid to log in for the backup.
Userlevel 7
Are you able to access it if you go in via the online console?  Locally, you'll also want to be sure you click "Log in as a different user" on the Backup & Sync tab in WSA and re-enter your login data to see if that helps.
When I log in online the first thing it has me do is choose a console. After I do that I click on set up account now for backup and it lets me set permissions but when I go back to the home screen it still says setup account. Locally it doesn't give me the option to log in as a different user. I put in my username and password and it looks like it will work then the invalid username/password pops up.
Userlevel 7
The new console may not have permissions set up for Backup.  Please open up the newer console you created and go to Manage Users.  Select the email address of the user you are trying to sign in as, and click the little guy with the pencil.  Go to Access & Permissions, and ensure Backup & Sync is set to "Access."
I had already done that and just double checked it. It is already set to "access".
Userlevel 7
I'm going to follow up with a private message shortly to get some clarification regarding which email address you're using. There are a couple of them in the console.
Userlevel 7
I believe the proper adjustment has now been made. Please let us know if you're now able to use your Backup feature. 🙂
Everything's working great now. Thanks for all the help.