Solved

Unable to uninstall WRSA because it says I am not admin

• 3 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, since last update 9xxxxx.51, my webroot is behaving strangely.

It does not appear under the task bar, and when I try to open manually via exe, doesnt appear, despite the fact it is running on the memory.

I tried to uninstall and it sayd that I need to be admin to uninstall, BUT I AM!

I am almost quiting this tool, as the support is bad, no chat, and cookies prevents me to open a ticket.

Anyone passed thru this? Can  help?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 September 2020, 18:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @barlotti 

Yes some are seeing this issue and we are told to send them to Support. If you sent a Support Ticket please don’t reply to it until you get a response. The cookie issue should not stop you in sending a ticket so please try again. I will ping the Community Staff so they can help @khumphrey  @freydrew 

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Sorry as most if not all Webroot staff are working from home because of COVID 19.

Thanks for your understanding!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@barlotti  look here to see if this will work for you? https://community.webroot.com/community-101-2/how-can-i-know-webroot-is-running-344857?postid=360347#post360347

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

The problem is that I can proceed without the Cookies, when I put my password, it keeps stuck in the same page. Annoying.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The problem is that I can proceed without the Cookies, when I put my password, it keeps stuck in the same page. Annoying.

Cheers

I pinged the Community staff and they will read what you said and hopefully get you and the cookie issues fixed. The cookie issue doesn’t affect me with my own tickets but some are!

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@barlotti ,

Have you tried uninstalling when in safe mode? That would be my first troubleshooting tip.

Userlevel 1

Yes, actually with that I got to disable the services and remove WRSA to run in the start, but I still cant uninstall because it says I dont have privilegies as admin to do so, this is the thing I am intrigued. It seems some ramsonware has reduced my privilegies particularly to this .exe

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @barlotti 

That is not the case as others are having the same issue and Webroot support needs more information and they can fix it in future builds so it’s best to try to contact Webroot Support as they have other tools as well. Try another browser and even a different email address that you have.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

HTH,

Userlevel 1

I had the same problem but now solved.

Delete this folder and you should be all set!

C:ProgramData\WRData 

Last post:

https://community.webroot.com/community-101-2/webrootanywhere-is-triggering-request-to-make-changes-to-computer-but-fails-to-launch-thereafter-344905