Solved

Unable to use Web Console and receive support emails

• 19 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Sorry to bother, but I spent 2 days trying to find a solution here as I haven’t gotten a response from the message I sent to Customer Support.  Any help will be much appreciated with the following issues:

• Account Activation Needed appears periodically and when I activate it, I am sent to the create a new account page.  Program itself indicates that my status is active & recognizes the keycode that I used to renew. 
  • Web Console will let me log in, but immediately logs me out back to the log in page.  No error codes are indicated
  • When trying to reach customer support, I am prompted with message that wants a password as they have already reached me, but I have not received any emails from them nor have I gotten an email when I clicked “forgot password”   ( I check my spam and blocked email contact list to see if there was a problem there)

By the way, I really like using Webroot and know the issues I have can be corrected.  I have a feeling I created havoc when I didn’t renew my account the way Webroot was suggesting.  I bought the keycode at a retail store and I didn’t uninstall the old program when entering the new one. 

Thanks for your time!

icon

Best answer by Feeling Locked Out 26 June 2020, 21:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @Feeling Locked Out ,

Can you please DM me with the email attached to your account? I’ll ping support and ask them if they can give your ticket some higher priority. 

-Keenan

You have to call Technical Support to help you with this issue.

Apparently there is some sort of filter that blocks out the Webroot emails, especially if you have a yahoo or sbcglobal one.  We could have gone through the tedious steps to work with the designated address, but he said could reset the activation process so I can use another email address. It’s the easier way to go for sure.  He asked security questions for verification before he reset my account.  I uninstalled the existing Webroot and reinstalled the program as if I was starting from scratch.    I reactivated my account using a gmail address and everything is working fine now.  You need to receive that initial email to activate the account.