uninstalling Malicious android apps

Badge +3
Using secure-Anywhere. A scan picked up two malicious apps. When trying uninstall then the uninstall was unsuccessful. I then disabled them manually in the app setting only to find them appear again in a scan. Please advise.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @Iron-bee

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you please be able to tell us what the names of these threats are and what type of phone do you have. Sometimes these may be false positives.

EDITED: You can also Submit a Support Ticket or call at 1-866-612-4227 which is free of charge and they can help you as well.

TiA
Badge +3
Hi Ssherjj
I am using a: A5500-H Lenovo tablet. Android version 4.4.2.
The two apps that won't uninstall are

Andriod Gedma
Name: Device management.
Com. mediatek.smsrg. Trogan.

Andriod Scanner 1 PUA
Name: user experience.
Com. Lenovo.ue. service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Ssherjj
I am using a: A5500-H Lenovo tablet. Android version 4.4.2.
The two apps that won't uninstall are

Andriod Gedma
Name: Device management.
Com. mediatek.smsrg. Trogan.

Andriod Scanner 1 PUA
Name: user experience.
Com. Lenovo.ue. service.

Thank you so much Iron-bee for all that information. Edited: @Iron-bee please have a look here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-mobile-security-for-android-15/can-t-remove-a-threat-102958

From the sound of this your best bet is to Contact Support. You can call them during their business hours which I would do if I was you. Otherwise Submit that Support Ticket. Support can take care of you.

Please let us know how things go if you get a chance. For we are only Volunteers here and this information would help others.

Thank you,
Badge +3
I need to contact a moderator for an email address to send some log files, on some malicious apps that webroot were unable to remove.

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I need to contact a moderator for an email address to send some log files, on some malicious apps that webroot were unable to remove.

Thank you.

I don't know if this would help in your case? http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Iron-bee,

Just to add what @TripleHelix has posted. 🙂

Have you gathered your log files from your device as shown HERE

@LLiddell can you provide @Iron-bee with the email address of Android Support? So logs can be sent through Support from an Android device?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Well we don't have a specific support team for Android, all of our support agents cover all of the home user products. I would recommend calling them as they might have a specific email for you to send them to. They can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well we don't have a specific support team for Android, all of our support agents cover all of the home user products. I would recommend calling them as they might have a specific email for you to send them to. They can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.

Hi Lara ,

In the Android Help section it said to contact a moderator HERE in the Android User Guide.

Yes Support would be able to give that information.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well we don't have a specific support team for Android, all of our support agents cover all of the home user products. I would recommend calling them as they might have a specific email for you to send them to. They can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.Hi Lara ,

In the Android Help section it said too contact a moderator HEREin the Android User Guide.

Thanks!

Interesting!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Well we don't have a specific support team for Android, all of our support agents cover all of the home user products. I would recommend calling them as they might have a specific email for you to send them to. They can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.Hi Lara ,

In the Android Help section it said to contact a moderator HERE in the Android User Guide.

Thanks!

Looks like we need to update that article, thanks Sherry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thanks!
Looks like we need to update that article, thanks Sherry!

Sure Lara' Anytime 😁