Upgrade Glitches / False Positives?

• 2 December 2013
  • 1 reply

New here. So not 100% sure if this is the right area or if this has been brought up but ever since the new "green" upgrade, webroot has been a whole lot more sensative. Going to Weather.com a screen will pop up saying it's unsafe. Going to pretty much sites that I know are safe a pop up screen will show. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. I thought maybe I had a virus or something so I decided to redo the laptop by deleting everything and doing a system recovery back to the factory settings. But it still continues to be weird. Sometimes I could be at Televisionwithoutpity.com, or yahoo.com or even facebook and a screen pops up saying it's unsafe. Sometimes the address in the pop up isn't even the same address I'm at. It's strange. Is there a setting of some kind that's making it do this? A glitch with the new upgrade?

Thanks
Shaun

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello kobnr and welcome to the Webroot Community!

What you are describing is very unusual indeed, and not something that is a common problem with WSA 2014.  My first thought would be to suggest that you do a clean re-install of WSA, but as you have reset the computer to factory settings, you have already done this.

I do not believe I have seen anyone else reporting this kind of behavior, and so I would suggest that you submit a Trouble Ticket so that Support can take a closer look.