Version 2014: I am curious

Userlevel 7
We have heard a few little hints and teases about the upcoming 2014 version in various threads here, and the kind of things you at Webroot are working on.  So, you know me, if I have a question I will ask it: I was recently called a "Pest" by an un-named member here :D  No offense taken, I found it quite funny :)

Anyway... Is there an estimated date of release set for the 2014 versions yet?

😃

14 replies

Userlevel 7
There's not an official date yet, but as we get closer I'm sure we'll be able to update you.

I will say that I've seen some concept work and a shortlist of some of the top things we're looking to add. I can't share any of it at this point because it's too early on, but it's exciting stuff. Stay tuned! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP wrote:
We have heard a few little hints and teases about the upcoming 2014 version in various threads here, and the kind of things you at Webroot are working on.  So, you know me, if I have a question I will ask it: I was recently called a "Pest" by an un-named member here :D  No offense taken, I found it quite funny :)

:D
Yes I said you are a Pest. All I can say is it will be Small and it will use the Cloud. :D

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@DavidP wrote:

:D
Yes I said you are a Pest. All I can say is it will be Small and it will use the Cloud. :D

Daniel
I didn't name you Daniel!  But I am a bit of a pest when I have questions.. I admit it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What who else called you a pest? 😃
Userlevel 7
Hm.. No one that I HEARD, or SAW, but I am guessing you are not alone LOL!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP wrote:
Hm.. No one that I HEARD, or SAW, but I am guessing you are not alone LOL!
Kwel!   

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ wrote:
There's not an official date yet, but as we get closer I'm sure we'll be able to update you.

I will say that I've seen some concept work and a shortlist of some of the top things we're looking to add. I can't share any of it at this point because it's too early on, but it's exciting stuff. Stay tuned! ;)
Tease.
Userlevel 4
Can't waite to hear about some of these new features myself. :D;)
Userlevel 7
Oh I'm waiting for changes in identity shield.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Do you have a month range for when it's expected to be released? I'm not sure how Webroot determines when it releases each year's version. Is it a December thing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Do you have a month range for when it's expected to be released? I'm not sure how Webroot determines when it releases each year's version. Is it a December thing?
In the fall like last year and the year before I assume? Go here as the v8.0.2.14 was the beginning of the 2013 product line: http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=857#PRN80214

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
I had a play of the new version, certainly has some nifty new features. That said the latest update that is about to be released has some nice new protection features that I am looking forward to testing.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Definitely not December.  If history is any indicator, probably early October again.  🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Definitely not December.  If history is any indicator, probably early October again.  :)
Can't wait.:D