Solved

vpn

• 27 October 2015
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15
As new to WR and a previous Avast user I need to ask ... With my avast I also had secure vpn which was great for banking et al online.
The question is .. do I need to purchase someone's package for VPN security or will WR address this type security? Thank you.
icon

Best answer by PVaddi 15 June 2017, 21:14

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Please read below!

The Identity Shield protects all the details you share with an internet bank. It protects
information like login details, passwords, account numbers, credit card details and
personal information such as addresses, dates of birth etc. It also adds a second layer of
protection against highly targeted banking and information stealing Trojans to ensure your
identity and online activities are fully secure.
Webroot SecureAnywhere protects you in these ways:
• Identifies if a website you visit is the genuine site making sure it’s not a false
banking (phishing) site
• Ensures your login information is only entered into the website it’s intended
for
• Protects your personal information, even if there’s already unidentified
malicious software on your PC
• Automatically protects your web browser, cookies and saved website data
• Prevents browser attacks from keyloggers and screengrabbers that try to
peer into your banking activity
• Protects clipboard data from theft and stops URL grabbing attacks
• Blocks browser modification attempts and any suspicious access to browser
windows

Managing protected applications
http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C6_IDProtection/CH6c_ManagingProtecte...

Also I would like to add:

So yes, you are well covered on that score and infact in realtion to all activity where your personal data could be at risk.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 3
Badge +15
Thanks for your reply. I thought that I had read all that it was doing correctly, however I feel better knowing that I have yours and the communities reassurance that I am secure. It is very important to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I thought that I had read all that it was doing correctly, however I feel better knowing that I have yours and the communities reassurance that I am secure. It is very important to me.
Yes very secure but using a VPN service is good to use as well at Hotspots, Hotels and Airports. I do and highly recommended to use one.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
Do you have a recommendation?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well since it's not another security product such as another AV personally I use IP Vanish and used Private Internet Access and there are many more but I like IP Vanish it's simple and had no issues unlike PIA. Again this is IMO. Most VPN sites will be blocked by WSA as they are under Proxy Avoidance programs but in most case you can click to continue to visit there site's. IP Vanish and PIA have been whitelisted after we submitted a change request to BrightCloud: http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request-url-reputation.php

This looks like a good review of 5 good ones: https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/28721/5-best-vpn-services-october-2015-update/

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I would really like a good VPN but with something extra. As the return html xhtml java python php etc, returned to me from your web address(server), I'd like it scanned, both in a traditional sense and I think if you scan binary, hexadecimal,or even bits and bytes, you will see certain common mathematical patterns in any return tcp/ip or stream that will occur with super duper New features and any scan, malware, mesoploit scripts and other malware. I would like you to stop the malware from being sent back to my ip address from your VPN server. (Sometimes I might also like you to stop the super duper features). I know this will take a little extra time, and who wants a slow VPN? So if you could send along a little bouncy ball, bird, feed the bird or Dog or cat or horse game that was easy, but challenging and addictive to keep me busy during any extensive waits. A game I can choose to play or not and change slightly, I' m sure I'd be happy as a lark, waiting, but knowing, I was safer than the other people in the internet. Thank you for considering this feature. Windows, especially needs this, but there are also a great many people/computers writing code against Android and subsequently the Linux kernel. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree with @ as Webroot doesn't have a VPN service but there are many out there have a look here: https://vpntesting.info/ maybe there is something that you will like?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Although Webroot offers great protection against identity theft, we have been hearing of a need for a secure VPN solution to be able to use devices with peace of mind while on a public server.
Happy to say that we are currently working towards a VPN solution for mobile and will be expanding the offering to our PC suites as well.
Stay tuned for more 🙂
Userlevel 7
Well, PVaddi

Many thanks for the heads up. Good to know for as and when users ask that question in future.

Regards, Baldrick
Sounds interesting, Pvaddi. I WILL stay tuned.:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Although Webroot offers great protection against identity theft, we have been hearing of a need for a secure VPN solution to be able to use devices with peace of mind while on a public server.
Happy to say that we are currently working towards a VPN solution for mobile and will be expanding the offering to our PC suites as well.
Stay tuned for more :)
That would be awesome to see.

Thanks for the info!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great news @! I will be looking forward to this1:D
VPNs that people needs for privacy and security for downloading and streaming purpose, there are numbers of VPNs providing Best Services in reasonable cost. All you need a Secure VPN for anonymity.