Waiting for Webroot Extensions in google...

• 15 September 2015
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
So what's the deal with having to wait for the webroot extensions in Google. I've seen this before, but it has never been as bad as the last couple of days. It's really becoming annoying having to wait almost everywhere you click.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that - we had this issue previously and released a fix for it, but it looks like it's come back again. Would you mind contacting support so that they can get it documented and get logs from you?

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Thanks, Nic

I submitted the support ticket. Not sure if it matters, but I had Google open. I checked to make sure that the issue was still occurring before I submitted the ticket. But firefox is my default browser, when I clicked to create the ticket, it opened firefox so the ticket was submitted from firefox and not chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello ?

Can you go here and drag this file into the open extension page of Chrome and it will ask you if you would like to install and that should do it!

HTH,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Thanks, Daniel

But it was already installed. I tried dragging and dropping anyway, but nothing happened. I did see in another post to check Allow access to file URLs, so I have that checked. Hasn't helped though. I did not check allow incognito though.

I hope that I am still protected. I have Webroot installed, but the Chrome extension made my browser painfully slow. Is there something else I need to do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks, Daniel

But it was already installed. I tried dragging and dropping anyway, but nothing happened. I did see in another post to check Allow access to file URLs, so I have that checked. Hasn't helped though. I did not check allow incognito though.

Have you tried deleting the one in Chrome and dragging the file to install to see if that will work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I hope that I am still protected. I have Webroot installed, but the Chrome extension made my browser painfully slow. Is there something else I need to do?
No the rest of WSA's Shields will still protect you the Web Filter is mainly to block you from going to bad websites and gives you site reputations when you search with Google, Yahoo and Bing. And Webroot Continues to work on the Web Filter so they will get there.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Unfortunately there's no fix right now.  Until we get it fixed you can either disable it, or use an alternate browser.  I'll let you know when I hear more from the escalations team.
Support gave me a temp fix that works! Go into Webroot SecureAnywhere and uncheck Identity shield for now.
Not the best protection, but my pages load...
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
It appears that the webroot extensions are working againg in Chrome. The last two days I have not been waiting on them at all! :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It appears that the webroot extensions are working againg in Chrome. The last two days I have not been waiting on them at all! :D
That is excellent news!  I know a few days ago they released a new version of the Web Filter, and I noticed that while I had that new version under test in Beta that I was no longer having issues either!

I think they finally are getting on top of that problem 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
My understanding is that part of the issue was around capacity for the web filter backend. I was having it happen at work as well, lol. They've added more resources to the web filter and that seems to have done the trick.
Userlevel 7
All I know is that once I have the ".14" extension come in, I have not had the issue once.  Whatever the cause was.. it seems to be well in control now 🙂  Nice job Webroot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
the Chrome drag & drop worked for me when i figured out that TrippleHelix wrote to do it in the extentions page 😃 Ought to read the complete message before acting.. D'oh....