Wanted............technical knight in shining armour

• 19 October 2013
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 3
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 27 replies
Please....... please HELP!!!!

My name is Alison and I have the technical abilities of a Lima bean :@

I had a message come up from Webroot saying something like......on start up a file/program is trying to enter...then there were options....and... I clicked on the one that said   "Block"
Now my laptop will not connect to the Internet at all; it just has a big red cross on the Internet icon.

I live in the UK and my laptop in my world. Two years 8mnths ago I became chronically ill, following a routine tooth operation; a viral infection entered and affected my central nervous system, rendering me housebound and mainly bed bound. This isn't a sympathy call....it's just to give you some understanding and put you in the picture of the difficulties I may have with anything complicated so please be patient.  

Thank you in advance, Kindly regards Alison :D
icon

Best answer by allyb 30 October 2013, 00:05

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 3

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Since I uninstalled the nasty Mc Afee........................my internet explorer won't work :$

It just says "page cannot be displayed"  

Deary me.....   What now?? 😞 ally

PS  It now says that my DNS server might be unavailable??????

Userlevel 3

Update...............
Today it's back as normal

Kindly regards Ally

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Ally,

Sorry about the issue you had above I would assume it was alright after you did a reboot? Most times then there is an issue a reboot would usually resolve the problem and are you using a Laptop?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3

Thanks Daniel..........

Yes I'm using a Del Latitude laptop and last night after I reebooted it was still playing up......but this morning things were back to normal????? (relief) so who knows...........just delighted it''s back........and thanks again for your reply....this community is great. :D

Kindly Ally
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes very strange as Uninstalling the Unwanted Add-ons should not cause any issues also if see here I always post updates to Adobe Flash, Air and Java Updates and always warn users to look out for unwanted add-ons every time!

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Adobe-Flash-Player-v-11-9-900-152-amp-Adobe-Air-3-9-0-1210/td-p/67209#.Uo92SeLZG_o

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Java-SE-Runtime-Environment-7u45-Released/td-p/61839#.Uo92dOLZG_o

Thanks and take care,

Daniel 😉