Solved

Web Console

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Why would the same PC be listed 3 times in the console? The PC has a random name that either Dell or Microsoft gave the PC. I saw one of the 3 was just scanned today. That is the device I am using right now. The other two with the same name have not been scanned since October 2018. So can I safely delete them? And how would the same device get listed 3 times? Maybe when I had to uninstall/re-install? I think I had to do that twice.

It also shows my cell phone being covered by my account, but I haven't installed it yet on that device. I would like to add it, but I wanted to make sure I had a free seat. Mobile devices use a seat right?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 March 2019, 03:44

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi @Kev914 have you done a clean OS reinstall or used Dells reset or restore feature? I would say yes and Deactivate the ones that show no scans for months: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/how-to-deactivate-a-pc-31240 and if you make a mistake you can always Reactivate: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-complete-14/how-to-reactivate-a-pc-28954 if you have any doubts or issues you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will sort it out for you.

Thanks,
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Hi Daniel

I don't think so. The PC came with Windows 10 Pro. I think there have been two of those big windows updates. I just got 1809 about a week ago. But that's all I remember. When I got the PC, the Dell software said that my D drive was failing. So they sent someone out to replace it. But the operating system is on the C drive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi Daniel

I don't think so. The PC came with Windows 10 Pro. I think there have been two of those big windows updates. I just got 1809 about a week ago. But that's all I remember. When I got the PC, the Dell software said that my D drive was failing. So they sent someone out to replace it. But the operating system is on the C drive.

Okay I wouldn't worry about it just Deactivate the old ones not in use and if they keep coming back then Contact Support and ask them why because I never see these kinds of issues because of Major Windows 10 Updates! Also the next Major Windows 10 Update will be sometime in April 2019: https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-april-2019-update-release-date-news-and-features

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Deactivate the two that haven't been scanned since October 2018 like @TripleHelix suggested. You can have multiple instances in your console if you uninstall and reinstall. Reinstalling, even on the same endpoint creates a new instance. I had a Windows Server 2012 R2 endpoint that upgraded the endpoint on it's own, I didn't do anything, and it created a second instance of the endpoint. One displayed the old version and last time it scanned before the upgrade, the other displayed the new version and the scans since the upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Deactivate the two that haven't been scanned since October 2018 like @TripleHelix suggested. You can have multiple instances in your console if you uninstall and reinstall. Reinstalling, even on the same endpoint creates a new instance. I had a Windows Server 2012 R2 endpoint that upgraded the endpoint on it's own, I didn't do anything, and it created a second instance of the endpoint. One displayed the old version and last time it scanned before the upgrade, the other displayed the new version and the scans since the upgrade.
I'm sorry Nic but I have not seen that in any of my reinstalls of WSA as I go from the Beta to the Release versions and back many times a year. The only times I've seen a duplicate or a second of the same Device was after cloning a HDD of the C drive onto a SSD or an OS reinstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I can look at my deactivated endpoints and at least 4 of them were from reinstalls and 1 was from an automatic upgrade from 9.0.24.37 to 9.0.24.49. The last one that was due to a reinstall was on January 18, 2019. The one that was due to an upgrade was on February 25, 2019. I have another 6 deactivations that were done because the endpoint was retired. This means I have about a 55% ratio of the software working the way you have.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I can look at my deactivated endpoints and at least 4 of them were from reinstalls and 1 was from an automatic upgrade from 9.0.24.37 to 9.0.24.49. The last one that was due to a reinstall was on January 18, 2019. The one that was due to an upgrade was on February 25, 2019. I have another 6 deactivations that were done because the endpoint was retired. This means I have about a 55% ratio of the software working the way you have.
Don't forget this member is a Consumer user and I have not seen any reports like this from other Consumers and there Consoles.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
You're correct, but I would think that reinstalling would still apply to the consumer version. Also, does the consumer version not auto-update as well. If so, then that might apply as it happened to me with the most recent version, which Webroot is still rolling out. I'm still just shy of 50% of my endpoints that have received the upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
You're correct, but I would think that reinstalling would still apply to the consumer version. Also, does the consumer version not auto-update as well. If so, then that might apply as it happened to me with the most recent version, which Webroot is still rolling out. I'm still just shy of 50% of my endpoints that have received the upgrade.
I have never seen it on my Console since 2012.

@akim said:

"I checked with our product team and we are not preventing 9.0.24.49 updates to XP systems. Most likely these systems have not fallen into one of our current update groups which are selected by chance. We expect general release for all Business agents on March 12th"

Are you in the Business Product Release Group? If not send a PM to @akim or @LLiddell and I'm sure they will let you in: https://community.webroot.com/business-product-releases-26
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I have a range of endpoints that have and haven't updated. Some of my Windows XP endpoints have and others haven't. I guess we'll see if they all get updated tomorrow.

I can access the Business Product Release forum you linked to. If you're referring to a special group on the new community, I might not have access to that. I am a business user and on the old community that's where I spent most of my time because the two were separated in a clearer way. On the new community, you're kind of taking a guess as to which product the person is referring to. Sometimes it's easier than others, but sometimes it's not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I have a range of endpoints that have and haven't updated. Some of my Windows XP endpoints have and others haven't. I guess we'll see if they all get updated tomorrow.

I can access the Business Product Release forum you linked to. If you're referring to a special group on the new community, I might not have access to that. I am a business user and on the old community that's where I spent most of my time because the two were separated in a clearer way. On the new community, you're kind of taking a guess as to which product the person is referring to. Sometimes it's easier than others, but sometimes it's not.

Same for us so no worries. 😉