Web Shield (v8.0.2.105) doesn't block in Opera

• 13 February 2013
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
I have noticed that Web Shield of the latest build doesn't block the bad pages in Opera 12.14. However they are blocked in IE9. The shield in the previous beta build 8.0.2.103 worked fine in Opera 12.14. So something had to be changed between these two builds.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
I use Opera a lot, so I hope this gets resolved quickly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I can confirm Opera isn't blocked but in the log it shows a block but Firefox & IE still works fine.

TH
Userlevel 7
It is for situations like this that I started This Idea  It would make it easy and safe to double check URL blocking functionality.  (Hint Hint.. begging for Kudo's here  :S )
Userlevel 7
Alright, alright.

I gave you a Kudo for your good idea.

Happy now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So did I. :p

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Alright, alright.

I gave you a Kudo for your good idea.

Happy now?
Yup  😃
Userlevel 7
We aim to please.
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
It is for situations like this that I started This Idea  It would make it easy and safe to double check URL blocking functionality.  (Hint Hint.. begging for Kudo's here  :S )
I am a diviner so I gave you kudos already before I started this thread because I knew it will happen :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am a diviner so I gave you kudos already before I started this thread because I knew it will happen :D
That statement made my head hurt!
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Moderators notified for inappropriate content :p
just kidding :D
Userlevel 7
Attn.: Webroot techies

This issue has been confirmed also by other users but we still didn't hear back from Webroot. So can you kindly give us your feedback?

Don't be shy and tell us when this bug will be addressed :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Moderators notified for inappropriate content :p
just kidding :D
LOL!
Userlevel 7
It looks like this issue reproduces.  I'm putting together a bug report.  Good catch Pegas.

However, I had mentioned before, there will be some major work done on the Web Threat Shield that should get these kinds of issues resolved.  I'm going to check up on the status of that work for you.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It looks like this issue reproduces.  I'm putting together a bug report.  Good catch Pegas.

Jim, it wasn't cought by chance 😉. I am doing some kind of QA checks of every new released build. It means that I am checking all the bugs I have reported whether they were resolved or not yet. Malfunctioning Web Shield in Opera is quite an old issue so I was curious to see improvements but I have discovered that it wasn't improved, it stoped to work completely :D

@ wrote:
However, I had mentioned before, there will be some major work done on the Web Threat Shield that should get these kinds of issues resolved.

I know you said it hence the more I was wondering if it was improved.

@ wrote:
I'm going to check up on the status of that work for you.

Thanks Jim :D