Web Shield (v220.127.116.11) doesn't block in Opera
I have noticed that Web Shield of the latest build doesn't block the bad pages in Opera 12.14. However they are blocked in IE9. The shield in the previous beta build 18.104.22.168 worked fine in Opera 12.14. So something had to be changed between these two builds.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
I gave you a Kudo for your good idea.
just kidding :D
This issue has been confirmed also by other users but we still didn't hear back from Webroot. So can you kindly give us your feedback?
Don't be shy and tell us when this bug will be addressed :D
However, I had mentioned before, there will be some major work done on the Web Threat Shield that should get these kinds of issues resolved. I'm going to check up on the status of that work for you.
Jim, it wasn't cought by chance 😉. I am doing some kind of QA checks of every new released build. It means that I am checking all the bugs I have reported whether they were resolved or not yet. Malfunctioning Web Shield in Opera is quite an old issue so I was curious to see improvements but I have discovered that it wasn't improved, it stoped to work completely :D
I know you said it hence the more I was wondering if it was improved.
Thanks Jim :D