Solved

Web Site Evaluation Doesn't Show

• 19 October 2013
  • 71 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi, Guys Another problem with either my understanding of Complete or maybe the program itself. Yes, I read the other 3 page thread on my issue but found no help. I decided to post a new thread for myrequest since the other thread looked to have become rather convoluted.

In short, the website red/green indication does not show up on either a Google or Bing search. This is in both IE and Firefox, both updated. Google is a HTTPS search so I would expect it to not show based on the info in the other thread but Bing is HTTP in both browsers so should give indication of a web site's safety of lack thereof. No such luck with my install of Webroot Complete. I have tried turning the feature off and back on with no results -- the action is the same. I have Malewarebytes Pro running as well as Windows Security. There is no other security or maleware software installed on this new machine. It is an ASUS laptop running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Phil
icon

Best answer by Miquell 31 October 2013, 20:30

View original

71 replies

Userlevel 4
Glad to hear it Pegas.
And no it wasn't due to me, I was curious myself so I didnt get involved or speed your request up 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
And no it wasn't due to me, I was curious myself so I didnt get involved or speed your request up :)
OK, in this case my thanks then goes directly to engineer who has processed my request :p ... seriously thank you for the feedback what happened with my ticket :D
Userlevel 7
Hi Guys,

Finally I've recieved the upgrade for the new Web Threat Shield:D

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,

Mike
That's good the hear, Mike. At least we now know it is still being "rolled out". Does it work properly? I have read there have been a few "issues" with it.

Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't have any issues on my systems.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I have those as the most users, slow start of Chromium and IE9 and the blocked identification of SSL on https sites as discussed in this thread.
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:

Daniel
Thanks for the info, Daniel. Hopefully one day I, too, will have the update and be able to discover on my own. By the same token, if it is broken, I'm not so sure I want it. :D

Phil
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
I have those as the most users, slow start of Chromium and IE9 and the blocked identification of SSL on https sites as discussed https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-Filtering-Extension-Chrome-no-more-Green-Padlocks/m-p/64941#M4729.
Yeah, Pegus -- I think it was the non-isentification and site blocking regards SSL that caught my eye in particular. I feel sure the developers will get it sorted.
Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Daniel
Thanks for the info, Daniel. Hopefully one day I, too, will have the update and be able to discover on my own. By the same token, if it is broken, I'm not so sure I want it. :D

Phil
Well on my 2 Win 7 64bit & 32bit Laptops with IE10 & Firefox 25 I have no issues I don't use Chrome but I will install on my VM's to see what I can see from Win XP to Win 8.1 and I also still use Opera 12.16 and is not a Official Supported Browser and does not Have the New Web Shield but it stills works under Identity Shield without issues and if I ever did come across something I know the other Shields in WSA will have me covered so I have no worries IMO. Got to love the multilayer defense in WSA.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,

Mike
So, now a question comes to mind -- how exactly will I know when I receive the upgrade? I just never thought about it before while *assuming* I would know. How will I tell? Version number? Some other way How?

Thanks

Phil
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,

Mike
So, now a question comes to mind -- how exactly will I know when I receive the upgrade? I just never thought about it before while *assuming* I would know. How will I tell? Version number? Some other way How?

Thanks

Phil
Hello Phil!

Yes, you can look at the extensions/addons of your browser.  The new Threat Shield will be called "Webroot Filtering Extension" and I believe the current version is 1.0.0.8 
Userlevel 5
@DavidP1970 wrote:
Hello Phil!

Yes, you can look at the extensions/addons of your browser.  The new Threat Shield will be called "Webroot Filtering Extension" and I believe the current version is 1.0.0.8 
Ah ha,

Thanks David. I figured it had to be something easy -- I had just somehow overlooked that information. Your info above makes perfect sense. Thank you for bringing me up to speed.

Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So do you have it?

Daniel
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
So do you have it?

Daniel
Nope -- still waiting, I guess. All I have is the little toolbar password thingie. I'll have it soon enough, I guess.

Thanks for asking, Daniel.

Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
So do you have it?

Daniel
Nope -- still waiting, I guess. All I have is the little toolbar password thingie. I'll have it soon enough, I guess.

Thanks for asking, Daniel.

Phil
Webroot has over 30 million users your number will come soon and when you see the Browsers asking to install the Webroot Filtering Extensions then you will know!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

That's good the hear, Mike. At least we now know it is still being "rolled out". Does it work properly? I have read there have been a few "issues" with it.

Phil
Hi Phil,

Yes, it seems that the upgrade is still  being "rolled out";)
I've recieved the upgrade on my three computers the same day.
My version of browser extension is signed as 1.0.0.8 and so far everything looks just fine, however I don't use neither Chrome nor Win8.
On Windows 7, Vista and XP, both with FireFox and Intenet Exprer I haven't noticed any issues. 
The new Web Threat Shield works smooth and effetivey for me;)

I hope you will also get the upgrade soon:D

Regdars,

Mike
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Hi Phil,

Yes, it seems that the upgrade is still  being "rolled out";)
I've recieved the upgrade on my three computers the same day.
My version of browser extension is signed as 1.0.0.8 and so far everything looks just fine, however I don't use neither Chrome nor Win8.
On Windows 7, Vista and XP, both with FireFox and Intenet Exprer I haven't noticed any issues. 
The new Web Threat Shield works smooth and effetivey for me;)

I hope you will also get the upgrade soon:D

Regdars,

Mike
Thanks, Mike. I feel certain I will have it soon. I have had the program installed only a short time so I imagine I will be in the last group to be upgraded. That's perfectly okay with me as long as they don't forget me. I will have it soon enough and all you guys currently running it will have all the bugs worked out for me. :D

Again, thanks

Phil
Hello everyone,
I am an older computer newbie and have a question regarding webroot secure anywhere. The program seems to alert me to websites having harmful material while using google.com. However I noticed that when I had entered the same web site on google chrome the day before there was no warning from my webroot . What is the reason for this? Does webroot not work with google chrome? The green webroot icon with the lock does appear on my toolbar for both google and chrome. Does this mean i am protected even though a warning sign does not appear on possibly harmful sites. I previously had Kaspersky anti virus and never had this situation. I am currently using windows 7 and have had webroot for about one month.

Thank you for your time and patience,
hy 
Userlevel 7
Hello hy and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The Web Threat Shield is compatible with Chrome, but you see the same 'bug' that I do.  On HTTPS pages, the green lock is often covered up by that yellow triangle.  It's OK, you are protected: look at your Webroot Icon in the system tray down by the clock (Lower right corner).  Notice on secure pages that the green lock WILL still appear there, showing that you are protected.  Even though it works, there is a small issue regarding the lock on the Chrome address bar itself that has been discussed and is being looked at by Webroot.

As for a warning sign about potentially harmful sites, again, you should be protected.  Not all users have been updated to the new Web Threat Shield at this time, but the old version is still functional.  If you are positive that you are getting to sites that should be blocked you may want to submit a Trouble Ticket from the below link.  Webroot Support can help you out with re-installing the browser extensions, or provide a link to you by Private Message for a utility to help you reinstall them.  (Although remember all AV's do suffer from False Positives so possibly Kaspersky was blocking something Webroot does not as a result.)
Userlevel 7
@DavidP1970 wrote:

The Web Threat Shield is compatible with Chrome, but you see the same 'bug' that I do.  On HTTPS pages, the green lock is often covered up by that yellow triangle.  It's OK, you are protected: look at your Webroot Icon in the system tray down by the clock (Lower right corner).  Notice on secure pages that the green lock WILL still appear there, showing that you are protected.  Even though it works, there is a small issue regarding the lock on the Chrome address bar itself that has been discussed and is being looked at by Webroot.
Just to complement, it is a know bug that has been discussed in this thread and it is still pending a fix.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@DavidP1970 wrote:

Just to complement, it is a know bug that has been discussed in this thread and it is still pending a fix.
Thanks Pegas!  I couldn't find the link!

(TEAMWORK!!)