Solved

Web Threat Shield causing Lag

• 18 February 2013
  • 2 replies

I've been running Webroot products for about 10 years, and for the most part have never had any issues.  Recently, I noticed my ping tests were returning some odd behavior.  Every 4 or 5th packet was jumping up over 1000 ms, and would continue to do so until I restarted my computer.  I thought I was having issues with my NIC drivers, or my router, but I was finally able to pinpoint it to the Web Threat Shield on Webroot. As soon as I disabled that shield, I haven't had the issue since.  If I turn on the shield, I don't see any issues for maybe an hour or so, but invariably it will return and the only fix is to turn off the Web Threat Shield.

For now, I'm just leaving the shield off, but I that's only a workaround and not a real solution.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 20 February 2013, 01:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello rgjutro and welcome to the Webroot Community!

As for your findings related to the Web Shield, there are other reports for its malfunction of which Webroot is aware. JimM has said that there will be some major work done on the Web Threat Shield so hopefully your issue will be resolved along with others.
Userlevel 7
It is best to Open a Support Ticket for this so that one of our technicians can take a closer look and possibly collect WSA Logs.