Solved

"Web Threat Shield" Demands Key Code DAILY. Using Firefox, Windows 10.

• 22 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere.  Every day when my browser opens, the Web Threat Shield extension in Firefox demands I enter my key code - even though I did so yesterday and the day before, having it approved both times.  Am running Windows 10.  Input would be greatly appreciated. 

Do I even need to be using Web Threat Shield to be protected?    And if not, frankly the thread on trying to uninstall Web Threat Shield makes it look truly annoying, so any suggestions on that would be great.

Am not anyone’s version of a tech geek and apologize in advance that I will need step by step idiot version on how to correct this.  Thanks for any insights. 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 22 March 2021, 22:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Falcon 

I don’t see this issue anymore and it’s not normal to keep seeing it so it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

It could take a few days because of COVID so have some patience.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Thanks!   Windows has rolled out some automatic upgrades, several in the last few weeks, so something may have shifted.  We’ll see if anyone else gets this issue. 

Meanwhile, thank you for your response. I will definitely submit a support ticket.