Solved

Webreputation with Firefox and Google

• 27 October 2015
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi,
I am using Firefox and Google as search engine. When I got the result list Webroot Webreputation puts the reputation flag in front of the search list - however when I go to the next page of the results the Webrep flaf is missing.
Anyone has an idea what it can be ?

I am using Firefox ESR
Thanks
Peter
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 28 October 2015, 15:12

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 3
No worries - take your tiem.

As I wrote I did find the solution and it workes now with Firefox for me
Userlevel 7
Our replies crossed each other.  See my previous reply above 🙂
Userlevel 3
Ok - I have uninstalled the old Webroot Web Reputation toolbar.

Originally the issue was that in the Google search results only on the first page of the result list the Webroot Reputation was shown - Triplehelix in the 2nd post showed the issue very nicely.

But as I wrote I found the solution in the Google search options and now the reputation is shown even if you skip to the next Google search results

Peter
Userlevel 7
That was my turn to misunderstand 🙂  I see what you mean now.  I am not able to give a verification that it works at the moment, but hopefully another user will!
@ wrote:
Ok - I have uninstalled the old Webroot Web Reputation toolbar.

Originally the issue was that in the Google search results only on the first page of the result list the Webroot Reputation was shown - Triplehelix in the 2nd post showed the issue very nicely.

But as I wrote I found the solution in the Google search options and now the reputation is shown even if you skip to the next Google search results

Peter
@: the original problem you described was caused by a change of the page structure of the google search result, which caused our extension to now longer retrieve URLs to look them up.
Changing the settings in Google is a workaround, but a fix will be available with the next version of our plugins.
Best,
foo
Userlevel 3
Hi foo,

great - thanks for the response.
 Peter