Solved

Webroot and a new android phone

• 7 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Sooner or later I know I will have to get a new phone. I could even drop it, lose it or who knows, or it could just fail unexpectedly. I know at some point Webroot had me set up 2 factor authentication using Google authenticator. Maybe it’s  required for when you login to your console. I don’t remember. Or maybe I activated it on my own. I don’t recall. But I don’t think so. It wasn’t until just recently that I really understood what it was all for (using an app like this. I understood what the text messages were for.

In any case, I’m wondering what you have to do to move it to a new phone. Every time when I’ve gotten a new phone, they moved the number to the new phone and then the old one quit working.

So I’m wondering how you manage this… for when the day finally comes.

I’m wondering the same thing about google accounts as well.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 14 January 2021, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @Kev914 

How are you?

It is always best to make sure you have your Webroot keycode written down and then uninstall the Webroot Mobile Program from your old phone, then install Webroot from the Google Play Store to your new mobile device and  your keycode and register it.

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_mobilesecurityforandroid_userguide/wsa_mobilesecurityforandroid_userguide.htm

Hope this helps!