Webroot and Pop Up Ads that won't go away - The ads are FROM WEBROOT!

• 27 August 2017
  • 3 replies

I have been a Webroot user for a couple of years now, as well as using it where I work.  Overall, I have been happy with it, and it works very well.

Now, my subscription will be expiring in about 90 days, which is good to know, HOWEVER, every time I log in to my computer, it displays a popup and the system tray icon is grayed out as if Webroot has a problem.

Seriously Webroot?  Why do you think you have to throw popup ads at your loyal users?

Unless Webroot pushes out an update to just give me a reminder every week or two instead of EVERY.STINKING.DAY., I will look elsewhere for my virus protection.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will look after you as you shouldn't see these pop-ups until the last 30 days of your subscription.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@, I've used Daniel's instructions to create a ticket on your behalf with our Team.
They'll work with you to address. Apologies for the inconvenience!!
Because the Revenue Officer has bonuses based on solely on revenue and that means that revenues are more important than customers. So it's OK to annoy you if you will pay the auto-renew price of $79.99 (rather than buy a new key for $29.99 with a web coupon). When auto-renewal is the lowest cost option for Webroot and the highest cost option for the customer, the customer's value is evident.