Solved

Webroot causing errors in Microsoft Updates

• 27 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
A friend of mine bought a used Toshiba laptop.  She asked me if I could get it set up for her.  It was running Windows 8.1.  I was able to do a clean install of Windows 10 including the Fall Creators Update.  I was able to install Office 2013 for her because I had an unused license.  I told her that she should install Webroot.  She agreed so I bought and installed Webroot complete.  At this point there were several Microsoft updates that needed to be installed.  They would not install.  They returned an error code 0x80070643.  The only way I could install the updates from Microsoft was to disable Webroot by right clicking the icon on the taskbar and selecting shut down protection.  Anybody have any thoughts.
icon

Best answer by tmitch06905 28 October 2017, 23:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

Please reach out to our Support Team so they can investigate the issue with the Creators Update you're experiencing.
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Just wanted to close this issue.  I opened a ticket with Webroot support and just received this message from the Webroot Support team:
Hello,

Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. This issue is related to the infrastructure that Webroot uses and is not related to the program on your computer nor the computer itself.

Once a fix is deployed, the issue you reported should be resolved. No change to your system is necessary.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.
Userlevel 1
I had to reinstall windows 10 to get updates to work. Very long and tendious. A big drag! Working now! Had help via Geek Squad.

Mike
Userlevel 7
Hi mebbery

Whilst I sympathise with your predicament I very strongly doubt that this had anything to do with WRSA, as any such issue would have been fixed way back (if you review the dates of the other posts in the thread).

There are many reasons as to why Windows Updates may stop/not work (had an occurrence recently and it was nothing to do with WRSA...it was all Microsoft-related) and I suspect that The Geek Squad to an easy option (for them) which was a Windows reinstall.

Anyway, hoping that all is well now and that you are being well protected by WRSA AND are getting your Windows Updates correctly.

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 1
Yes, everything is good but my observations over the last few years is that some techs know more than others.