Webroot expiration wrong

• 14 February 2016
  • 11 replies

I had Webroot Secure Anywhere installed on Jan. 9, 2016 but now I am seeing a message that it has expired. How can this be? I need an answer from someone.!!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jeannie70

Welcome to the Community Forums?

Was the installation of WSA on 9th January the first time you installed it on the computer in question or was it a renewal of a previous installation?

Also, you could try re-entering your keycode and re-activating the subscription. To do so please follow the guidance in the screenshots below:

and then:

and then us know if yo are still getting the expirty message.

rR
This was a renewal and was done by someone from their support team so I don't have a key code.
Userlevel 7
Hi jeannie70

When you say "by someone from their support team" can you advise as to who/which support team you contacted?

Regards, Baldrick
All I have is the name ---Veronica Donnel
Employee ID  MS/8002
Phone number  1-866-300-8869
security code  global10$

I had a problem and I tried to fix it on my AOL e-mail but I got this phone number to call and she accessed my computer and fixed it then she downloaded Webroot plus Avast and Google Chrome which I paid $299.00  for all on Jan, 9, 2016. But now I try to use the Webroot but it says it is expired! I have a feeling I have been scammed! What do you think!!
Userlevel 7
Hi jeannie70

I am afraid to say that I suspect that you have indeed been scammed as the number you have posted is not one that I have seen as attributable to Webroot Support.

Also, a WSA license + Avast + Chrome (both of  which one can get for free) should never come to anything remotely close to $299 as far as I know.

Will need to cogitate on this in terms of what it is best to do next...am thinking that it may be wise for you to uninstall what they installed for you, especially the version of WSA, download a WSA trial form the Webroot site and then run a scan with what we know is a li=egitimate version fo WSA to see if it picks up anything untoward.

? ? any thoughts in this matter?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jeannie70,

So sorry to heqar of this!

Yes I agree that you have been scammed and left with a expired subscription of Webroot. I would call the customer sevice at your bank or credit card and get your money back. This is so upsettiing and very frustratiing for you.

As ? has advised I would download and install the free version of Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Definitely a scam and I hope you paid with a credit card? If you did call the number on the back of your Credit Card and tell them you where scammed and launch a complaint with your Credit Card against the scammer as they will have more info and please let us know the outcome.

All the best,

Daniel :@

800 Numbers: While it may seem strange, toll free phone numbers like 1-866-300-8869 are not public record. This means that telemarketers can often call with immunity unless we fight back! File A Complaint Now!

http://www.callercomplaints.com/SearchResult.aspx?Phone=866-300-8869

This is an old post but i hope someone will see.
It happens to me exactly the same, I installed Weebroot on July 20, 2020 and after the installation, my account is activated and instead of showing 1 year of subscription it shows almost 2 years. I tell myself that it's a bonus but, Monday August 17th, my account expired.
Can someone help me please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Dihary 

The only one that can help is Webroot Support so please Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to see what is going on and they will fix it for you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, also it could take 24 to 48 hours and at times a bit longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks,

Bonjour @Dihary 

Le seul qui peut vous aider est le support Webroot, veuillez donc soumettre un ticket de support et leur demander de voir ce qui se passe et ils le répareront pour vous.

Remarque: lors de la soumission d'un ticket d'assistance, veuillez attendre une réponse de l'assistance. Mettre un autre ticket de support sur ce problème avant les réponses du support mettra votre premier ticket de support à la fin de la file d'attente, cela peut également prendre 24 à 48 heures et parfois un peu plus à cause du COVID 19.

Merci,

Thank you for your reply.
I had already sent a message to support on Monday but did not receive a response, which is why I was looking for a solution here.
I will therefore wait for their response
Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Bonjour @Dihary 

Le seul qui peut vous aider est le support Webroot, veuillez donc soumettre un ticket de support et leur demander de voir ce qui se passe et ils le répareront pour vous.

Remarque: lors de la soumission d'un ticket d'assistance, veuillez attendre une réponse de l'assistance. Mettre un autre ticket de support sur ce problème avant les réponses du support mettra votre premier ticket de support à la fin de la file d'attente, cela peut également prendre 24 à 48 heures et parfois un peu plus à cause du COVID 19.

Merci,

Thank you for your reply.
I had already sent a message to support on Monday but did not receive a response, which is why I was looking for a solution here.
I will therefore wait for their response
Thank you

Vous êtes le bienvenu