Webroot extension issues

• 28 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I am having issues with the filtering extension.
Today the extension randomely dissapeared from my chrome extensions.
It took me about 30 minutes to find the chrome link, but when I installed, it claimed that Webroot needed to be installed for it to function.
I already had Webroot however.
I reinstalled, and it still wouldn't work. I rebooted and even tried a system restore, but it still claimed I didn't have webroot installed.
I just want the extension to work properly.
https://gyazo.com/e7165f053627b07b05beed0b8dc217cb

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Filterissues

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Whilst there have been a number of issues with the new version of the Web Filter I have to say that I have not come across the circumstance that your are describing.

Given that for some reason the system believes that WRSA is not installed, I would recommend that that you try an uninstall/clean reinstall to see if that rectifies things...it is quick and easy to do.

If you would like to try that them please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Once completed check that the extension is installed & enabled; if not then do what you normally do to achieve that, and then check to see if the issue persists.

If not, great. If it does then I would recommend that you Open a Support Ticket, to let the Support Team know of the issue and investigate the cause/resolve it for you.

Hope that helps in some way?

Do come back here and let us know how the issue gets resolved...useful feedback for us.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Thanks, @!