Solved

Webroot filtering extention Firefox 77.0

Show first post

30 replies

Just this past week my Mozilla Firefox has this : moz-extension://7c273383-6b75-49d0-8a76-2dace386ce0e/options/options.html  Opening EVERY time I open Mozilla.  Web Threat Shield Settings Asking for my key.  I’ve had Webroot for over a year and I’ve never received this message before.  Is this a legit query?  Should I enter my code?  I have Edge and Chrome and they haven’t asked for any code.  Is this a Firefox issue or a Webroot issue or a Virus?

UPDATE!  Uninstalled Firefox via CCleaner. Reinstalled Firefox, saying YES when it said something like “Looks like you HAD Firefox, would you like to restore your settings?”  Not Actual quote.  Anyway, when going BACK into Firefox, had another ‘question’ similar to above and said yes AGAIN. Reviewed all my add-in’s (ones I had before) and then went on in, all my Bookmarks and everything came back AND Webroot was working without asking for my code.  Closed.  Went BACK in and all was well. Thanks!!

Hello @TripleHelix ,

A reinstall of FF was not even on the table for me as I had another machine with the same  problem / version of FF / version of the filtering extension so I could pretty much rule this out . The potential issue that I had with experiencing this on 2 separate machines was that it still could have been a bug either with FireFox or the Webroot Filtering Extension. Thankfully no further troubleshooting was needed.

I can also confirm that it works perfectly on Edge!

Regards.

Userlevel 1

BobbyS, the same thing happens to me. I think it might be a Firefox issue.

I’m using Firefox 78.0.2 with Webroot browser extension 1.11.3.11.  The Webroot extension has not worked with Firefox for at least a month. If I turn it off and on again each time I start Firefox, it works. This is not an acceptable solution.

I have two Windows 7 computers, and one Windows 10. Webroot extension works fine with Firefox on computer with Windows 10, but does not work on either Windows 7 computer. Maybe this will help you find the problem many of us are having with the Webroot browser extension and Firefox browser.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

@TripleHelix 

The extension was listed.

I would disable and enable it.

The extension would show up but then disappears.

Even when it does show up there is still no green check mark when you do a Google search.