webroot & firefox 40

Show first post

71 replies

Userlevel 1
Thank you for pointing me to the link for the clean install for Vista. That worked in the search box with a required confirmation to execute it.

I typed:

"C:Program FilesWRAfoldernameWRAexename.exe" -uninstall
Users should be aware that when you performed the initial install, that WRA gives you an option to have WRA's files given a unique name for security purposes, so if they can't find the folder in Program Files, look deeper - TaskManager can help.

BTW, the toolbar fix did not work for me using the remove in FireFox, closing then running toolbarfix.exe.
Userlevel 7
webrooter, 

Thank you for the info and the patience!  I hope everything is back running now!
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Well at least im not losing my mind and others having this issue. Mine just began this morning.  When this gets resolved will it just begin to work again, or will there be a re-instal neccessasry of Webroot.  By the way im in preview program on Build 10525. Allthough i had this a few days ago, this issue just began this morning.  

Thanks
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I've submitted a support ticket, as you suggested.

--Larry
This may have alredy been covered in another thread. I did not read all of the threads,

In FF go to tools, add-ons, if you have Webroot Password Manager 3.1.1 as recently created by lastpass it does not work. Consider removing it and run the webroot toobarfix. 

Once and if you do get Webroot Password Manager 2.5.0  created in FF, click on do not update.Took me several tries to figure out the do not update thangie. DUH!

I now have the old 2.5.0 and it  takes me at least 4 tries of entering my password before it works. 

Good luck. Software, ain't it great, eh? LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry that this is such a pain - I've alerted the escalations folks here to take a look and see why the fixes are only working for some people and not others.  And we're still working with Firefox on getting the extension officially approved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Since the release of FF 40 this is a known problem as a result in the change in which Mozilla allow 3rd part extensions like the Password Manager to be handled; add-ons must be 'signed' in order to work correctly.  Webroot is aware of the situation. 

Please see this previous thread for details on the issue...it is lengthy but well worth reading (and subscribing to) to get up to date on the issue.

You can try to use the Toolbarfix tool as one option...please see this previous thread in which I describe where to get it from and how to use it.

But we have also heard some reports that a clean install of Webroot, instead of the toolbarfix, may help resolve the issue. To do that please folow the steps below carefully

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode to hand!
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this does not help resolve the problem, you will probably want to Submit a Support Ticket and get assistance from Webroot Support.  There is on charge for this for WSA user with an active subscription.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Yesterday,  after doing all that i could in FF to disable and remove the toolbar, I exited gracefully (File>Exit) from FF.

I found an old toolbarfix.exe hanging around and used that to first uninstall it.
I looked in FF to see that it was indeed gone. It was - Good.
I again ran that old toolbarfix.exe to repair/install it.

Ran FF and everything went smoothly after that, except that I noticed that the toolbar seemed to be an earlier version 2.5? - Not sure now, because I don't see a version number anymore.

The toolbar now works - hope it works tomorrow...

oops, after comparing the old and newer toolbarfix.exe properties, I see that they are identical. I no longer know what I did right to make it work!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I used a third party uninstaller to remove Lastpass, then used the toolbar fix to install the Webroot version 2.5 toolbar, be sure to set toolbar auto update to off. has been working fine for 2 days, no problems
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Something seems to have changed overnight, either with Firefox or Webroot.

Ever since I managed to get the Webroot Passwod Manager working again (with WPM 2.5.0), the Webroot Sign In screen (the one that pops up every time I launch Firefox) displayed a new second option below "Remember me". The new option read "Disable Insecure Firefox Password Manager". As of this morning, that option has disappeared.

Curious, I went to the Add-ons Manager page and checked what version of WPM was running. That hasn't changed, it's still 2.5.0.

I then found Webroot Password Manager in the list of add-ons and clicked "Options". The "Disable Insecure Firefox Password Manager" option still appears first in the General section, and, to my great surprise, that option was checked again (I'd unchecked it previously to allow WPM to run).

As a test, I kept that option checked, which would have previously disabled WPM. Then I went to several Web sites that require log-ins, and found that WPM is alive and well and filling in passwords for me, in spite of that "Disable" box being checked.

Could this mean that Firefox no longer considers WPM to be insecure?

--Larry
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
I assure you update addons automaticaly has been disabled each attempt to fix this. It simply will not work. Im glad some have gotten it to work though.  I on the other hand am not so patient and or understanding as far as this issue goes. Let me state i do not beleive this is a webroot issue,  rather Mozilla who obvisously finds no issues in breaking addons. Im sure this wasn't just some after thought that caused all of this, rather Mozilla not telling anyone prior this would happen and thus bang everyone was blind sided having to go crawl to Mozilla for assistance. Bad business model. Anyways hopefully this gets fixed sooner rather than later. 
The self-service version listed above is the same thing that tech support provided me that FINALLY fixed this issue for me, except that it fails to mention to remove the existing Password Manager extension FIRST (I'm not sure if that matters or not, but it is worth doing nonetheless...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks, I'll add that to the instructions.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Mine is just like the screen shot above. But I think mine is enabled as I think his is. The button in the screen shot reads DISABLE. So I think that infers that it is already enabled, no? I still get green check boxes when I browse.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi ,

I download & installed FF40.0.2 and webroot extention complete disable and have not any option for enable .

Amir

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Dear ?

Do Now Webroot filtering extention is confirm ( approve ) with Firefox 40 ( 40.0.2 )  ?

Thank You .
Best Regards ,
Amir

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Dear @

Do Now Webroot filtering extention is confirm ( approve ) with Firefox 40 ( 40.0.2 )  ?

Thank You .
Best Regards ,
Amir

I know it will work despite the warnings.  I haven't heard anything back about when we'll get approved in their store though.
Userlevel 1
Webroot Password Manager is not working
Userlevel 7
Hello there Webrooter, welcome to the Community!

There have been several reports of this over the last hour, and it appears that a clean re-install of Webroot will fix the issue.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?
Userlevel 7
Webrooter,

Try using the normal uninstall in the Control Panel. Since you did not have to enter your key code, tune-up utilities did not remove everything.  My guess is that if it failed to remove they key code, it also will not have removed the Password Manager and it's files either.

Userlevel 1
I just cannot perform a clean uninstall of WRA Complete. It is running and it does not show up in list of installed programs in Control Panel. I have stopped the WRSVC service that I thought might be the problem.

I am running Vista - how can I perform a clean uninstall?
Userlevel 1
Thanks David

Firefox still not showing Password Manager - afraid I'm back where I started.

Hate to even try Chrome or IE - you think Webroot and Firefox are working on this?
I did the whole uninstall, clean install etc. yesterday and got the Password manager to show up in my toolbar, and everything was fine until I turned on my computer this morning, and it's all gone again.  I shouldn't have to reinstall every day to keep this.  We need a complete answer to this problem.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I did the whole uninstall, clean install etc. yesterday and got the Password manager to show up in my toolbar, and everything was fine until I turned on my computer this morning, and it's all gone again.  I shouldn't have to reinstall every day to keep this.  We need a complete answer to this problem.
The issue arose with recent changes Mozilla has made to the Firefox browser.  Webroot is working with them to resolve the issue, but obviously a problem like this cannot be fixed overnight when two companies have to work together.

The Password Manager is still fully functional and working without issue in IE and Chrome.  You migth consider using one of those temporarily until the problem has been fixed?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well at least im not losing my mind and others having this issue. Mine just began this morning.  When this gets resolved will it just begin to work again, or will there be a re-instal neccessasry of Webroot.  By the way im in preview program on Build 10525. Allthough i had this a few days ago, this issue just began this morning.  

Thanks
We are really not sure at this point about what we will need to do on our computers once the issue has been fixed, if it will just start working again, or if a re-install will be needed.  Webroot will let us know when they know :)

Remember, all of the extensions, the Web Filter and password Manager are still working on IE and Chrome