webroot & firefox 40

Show first post

71 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Larry

You make some good and valid points in your post...but I suspect that posting this here is not going to get us very far.

If you want to draw attention to your views, and I think that you should, I would Open a Support Ticket and give directly to the Support Team...if anyone can pass the message on it will be them rather than us.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
I would have to agree larry. Many may do some odd stuff thinking there system may have serious issues. A simple "push" message stating.. "We are aware of the FF issue with password manger & we are working on getting it resolved" would go a long way from those possibly over stepping what needs to be done. 
Userlevel 7
Agreed...which is why I suggested that he voice his very many good and pertinent points to the people who can make that happen...the Support Team. :D
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Too late for me. I've already done some odd stuff trying to get the plug-in to work. Luckily, I didn't break anything important in the process. Nothing I tried fixed anything, either.

--Larry
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Well crap.  I've been searching since 0330 this AM for an answer.  I did a system restore.  Thank GOD there were no Microsoft updates (thanks God!). Can I get an AMEN and a share? 

*(^^&*(  push a notification Webroot!
Userlevel 1
I've also raised a ticket, we need to get this fixed it was working one day and not the next.  This is an important feature which I use all the time on Firefo.... I don't want to change browser.
Userlevel 1
Fixed now with toolbarfix.exe 😃
I attempted to follow SamIamTwo's instuctions, but I start out with PM 3.1.1 and end up with PM 3.1.1 and see no way of getting PM 2.5.0 (which sounds like it doesn't fully work correctly anyway)...
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I got exactly the same results as gibbo10 above. The Webroot toolbar doesn't seem to activate when I first launch Firefox, but it eventually does after a few attempts. At least it's working most of the time.

--Larry
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Followed to the letter and did not work in FF. 
Userlevel 1
Do part 1. Then open FF and check the FF green W toobar has gone, if it hasnt remove it manually through FF. That's what I had to do. Then use Toolbar fix to reinstall it.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Also, after going through the uninstall/reinstall procedure, go to the Firefox Add-ons Manager, find Webroot Password Manager, and click "Options".

From the Options dialog, in the General section, make sure that "Disable Insecure Firefox Password Manager" is NOT checked. This option (checked by default) appeared when the version of Password Manager reverted from 3.1.1 to 2.5.0.

--Larry
Webroot is not working properly in Firefox. When attempting to sign onto a web site, I get the sign in screen for SecureAnywhere instead of the small screen to give me access to the sign-in/password function.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Thanks Nic
Just adding that I've tried all the fixes, I have the lastpass version of the PassWord Manager (MAYBE because I think I once had lastpass, but I'm sure I never specifically installed that version). Uninstalling the lastpass Password Manager and running the toolbarfix results in getting the lastpass version of the Password Manager back.

Nobody else I have seen has mentioned this, so I might as well... I THINK that after updating to Firefox 40 it was working FOR A WHILE, but strangely... instead of the icon functioning as it normally did (offering me to autofill or autologin), I would have to right click it and it would list an option for that on the website I was on. Then it stopped working altogeher at some point and hasn't worked since.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Your absolutely right... It was working for awhile. 40 updated a few days ago and i had no issues then all of the sudden it wasn't working.  Thats what was so odd.  Never mentioned it as i thought i was losing my mind, but you are absolutely correct. i hope this gets fixed fast as i do web programming and FF is my top browser for all my work. 
Userlevel 1
I got password manager back yesterday, logged on again today and it's gone again!
Userlevel 7
Hello Gibbo, I have heard of a few others that have had that happen as well.

What steps did you take yesterday to get it back to working?  
I had 'Automatic Update' set to 'Default' and so I believe one morning while running FF, it had updated without me noticing and had caused me the issue of WPM prompting in a red bar saying that, 'you account has been deactivated". I had to call support for them to rectify the issue on their end.

My recommendation, if you are already on version 2.5.0 stick to it and turn off 'Automatic Updates' within FF 4.0.2, and wait until WPM 3.1.1. or whatever is next gets the official green light (no pun intended).

Same general problem. Four days ago, I renewed and upgraded (v9.0.2.21)Webroot and suddenly no WPM icon on my browser Firefox toolbar. The WPM 3.1.1 extension is listed on my list of active extensions, but no WPM icon appears on my toolbar. What to do?

In the past when this has happened, I've successfully uninstalled and then reinstalled Webroot whichs results in a functioning WPM icon reappearing on my browser tool bar. Unfortunately, when done (uninstall/reinstall) on my recently upgarded Win 10 platform, I get an error message stating that "app does not work on Windows 10".  I then have to execute a "restore" to an earlier date to recover a previously installed Webroo image on my laptop.

I've never had this level of problem installing Webroot. I believe Webroot is an excellent product, but for me, "ease of installation" takes a big hit on the reputation of Webroot. This said, maybe it is something that I am do incorrectly.

Please help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
That fix did work. I hope this thread will be updated when a permement fix is released so we can turn back on our FF addon auto update feature. Not to keen on leaving that off due to security issues but for now all good with hope a perm fix is in short order.  Have a great weekend all!!