Solved

Webroot is OFF or LOCKED. How do I turn it on or unlock it?

• 6 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Webroot is OFF or LOCKED. How do I turn it on or unlock it?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 February 2019, 16:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

I'm not quite sure what's happening here so I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you get it sorted out, also please let us know what support has to say as this is new to me.

Could you of set a Password to protect the settings?

Thanks,
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Thank you TRIPLEHELIX. I had a restore point set just before WEBROOT was locked out. I restored, and it's fine now.
The problem started when, in trying to fix a different problem, a helpdesk tech asked me to deactivate my anti-virus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thank you TRIPLEHELIX. I had a restore point set just before WEBROOT was locked out. I restored, and it's fine now.
The problem started when, in trying to fix a different problem, a helpdesk tech asked me to deactivate my anti-virus.

Great to hear! 😉

Cheers,
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
TRIPLEHELIX: Now the small w down at the bottom of my screen has a lock on it. Does that mean Webroot isn't working?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
TRIPLEHELIX: Now the small w down at the bottom of my screen has a lock on it. Does that mean Webroot isn't working?
That's normal and it's telling you that your being protected by it's Identity Shield: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingIdentityProtection/ManagingIdentityProtection.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Identity%2520Protection%7C_____1

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
TripleHelix, thanks. You've truly cleared my head.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
TripleHelix, thanks. You've truly cleared my head.
You're very welcome! 😉